Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im thinking about rebuilding the top end on my 2000 kx250. i was planning on getting weisco piston,rings wrist pin, circlips, wristpin bearing, and of course a top end gasket kit. so i was wondering if you guys could fill me in on this. i have heard of this nikelsil plating. one guy told me i cant rebuilt the top end. but i just want to throw in a new piston and rings. i also read in another post something about running through a ball hone just to clean up the cylinder. which i kinda know what that means but was hoping not to get into honing. so i guess what u can fill me in on is what is the proper way to do the top end for this bike...and if u want u can respond to proper break in procedures as well cause i have heard many different things including reg. oil vs synthetic for breakin. thanks:)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
ok so im thinking about rebuilding the top end on my 2000 kx250. i was planning on getting weisco piston,rings wrist pin, circlips, wristpin bearing, and of course a top end gasket kit. so i was wondering if you guys could fill me in on this. i have heard of this nikelsil plating. one guy told me i cant rebuilt the top end. but i just want to throw in a new piston and rings. i also read in another post something about running through a ball hone just to clean up the cylinder. which i kinda know what that means but was hoping not to get into honing. so i guess what u can fill me in on is what is the proper way to do the top end for this bike...and if u want u can respond to proper break in procedures as well cause i have heard many different things including reg. oil vs synthetic for breakin. thanks:)
Your "one guy" is an idiot, you can rebuilt these bikes. Do a search on rebuilding 2-strokes in the forum, we have went through all of this about 1 bazillion times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts