Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got my 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500 today. The bike rox! I had a few questions please. Firstly, What is the top speed for this stock '02 Ninja 500? Also what is the cheapest way to get some mroe power outta it? Air filter, Exhaust etc ?!? Appreciate any input!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Top speed is about an indicated 140mph, if you have a road straight and flat enough to get up there. The cheapest way to get more grunt out of your bike is to put a -1 tooth front and +1 tooth rear sprocket on the bike, you loose top end speeds, but you'll get there waaay quicker.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
Freakinout said:
Top speed is about an indicated 140mph, if you have a road straight and flat enough to get up there. The cheapest way to get more grunt out of your bike is to put a -1 tooth front and +1 tooth rear sprocket on the bike, you loose top end speeds, but you'll get there waaay quicker.
Hey Freakinout, does that gear change change your normal running RPM's any? If it did, by about how much?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
rlovrin1 said:
Freakinout said:
Hey Freakinout, does that gear change change your normal running RPM's any? If it did, by about how much?
It will change my running RPM's, but I still am running the stock setup at this moment. My new toys havn't arrived quite yet. As soon as they do I will be testing it all out. I am also planning at some point in time to get a +1 front and a -1 rear setup to play with to see the different effects of gear changes. (that'll give me 3 fronts to play with and 3 rears too)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a question for Freakinout. Can you tell me if EX500 has rpm limiter? The power is going very down at some 11200rpm. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Cale said:
I have a question for Freakinout. Can you tell me if EX500 has rpm limiter? The power is going very down at some 11200rpm. Thanks.
It hits at 11500 or 12, can't remember, I try to stay off redline myself. you'll know when you hit it by the fact that there is like a brick wall on acceleration.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Since you guys are talking about RPM, I was wondering, is it bad to do that to your bike.... meaning, how high can you safely run your RPM's on this bike? I usually never let it go past 8 or 9 grand when I'm pushing it. On just normal run up I usually shift around 4-6 grand. What is your advice?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm with you Imposter. I don't think I've cleared 9k yet.

Hopefully the guy who asked the original question is planning on learning to ride before he finds out what the top speed is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My normal ride is 4-7k, but if I'm riding hard, then is 6-11. Anything close to 6k will make me to shift down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts