Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torm between picking up an older 86 Connie ( 54K on odometer) new tires, recent service, or looking for something newer like a 2006 which I saw about 400 miles away. (19K on odometer) The price difference is about $3800 with the older unit going for $1200. Since I already have 2 other Kawasakis, a 75 Z1 and a 2000 ZX12R I am not sure how much touring I will really do. My girlfriend and I are in our 60s so comfort, dependability and good handling is a priority. Maybe with the right type of bike I may really get into it.

Any thoughts from the group?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
So, what you're looking for is a pre-C14 Connie?

there were some minor changes made to the C-10 in the 90s sometime, so you'd likely be better served by looking for something a bit newer than the 86. I paid the same price that you are looking at for the newer one a year ago on my 05. My wife and I both find it comfortable. She doesn't even mind going a little faster in curves any more too! :)

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
It looks like you have got the other bases covered. So the reason for this connie would be to try out touring. If you can afford either, get the new one for improved everything and fewer miles.

No brainer to me -- but it ain't my money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to be conservative and stay in my available price range. Picked up the 86 Connie, it should work just right for how much I plan on using it.

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
It is important to keep all this stuff in perspective and BUDGET!!!

Cool thing is, if you find the touring thing is really working for you, you can always do newer later. Enjoy the riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.