Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found a good source in color-rite.

Unfortunately, the Majestic Metallic Red or whatever it is does not look right for my bike.

It's an 04 - certain the paint is stock. I would call it cherry or black cherry red. First off, what color is it? and where can I get a small pen or touch up kit?

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[/IMG]

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. Yup, unlike the other pages, that Metalic Majesty Red actually looks like my bike.

Thanks.

Any good sources? Just a little brush or "pen" type device would be perfect ....

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I just did a quick search on yahoo for motorcycle paint touch up and found this:

Kawasaki 665 Metallic Majestic Red - ColorRite

The color seems brighter but I am sure it's the same. Colorrite is sold at Advanced auto's (My wifes a manager at one) so you can order from that site or have Advanced Auto order a pen for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My bike is an 04 the same color as yours. I had a local autoparts store mix me up some paint to touch up with. What they came up with is a PPG Omni AU (MAE) code # 914600 paint. It is a Honda OEM code R529P-B,R529P-H Dark Cherry is the name of it . It seems to match really well on my bike.If all else fails you can give this a shot.

·
Once I had $$ now a bike
115 Posts
Love that color matches my helmet:-D , if the spot is not to big you might try the color rite, a dealer said they are the site for all cycle makes and have the formula for every color by make model and year, pricey but beats paying for custom mixing that may not be exact.

Don't trust your monitor to be exact they are sometimes not even close.

Good luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That color is a primer,base,color,clear you'll need all three or four touch up pens to match it, four if the chip is to the metal

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help guys.

Two tiny chips from the buckles of a tool bag. Rather than all the steps, I'm tempted to just find the right color nail polish for two small dabs ....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't know if this helps or not,but if you have a Kawasaki dealer nearby,they might be able to order in a tube of touch up paint.I know all car dealers can get them,but i'm not too sure about motorcycle dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts