Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sully1
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone here has placed their bike in a toy hauler type trailer. I know I'll get a lot of "ride it there" answers, but I want to take my bike on family vacations so old dad can hve fun too. Anyway, does anyone have any experience or advice on the subject.
Thanks

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone here has placed their bike in a toy hauler type trailer. I know I'll get a lot of "ride it there" answers, but I want to take my bike on family vacations so old dad can hve fun too. Anyway, does anyone have any experience or advice on the subject.
Thanks
We do it all the time, haul 4 bikes in ours.

We have an Energy brand toy hauler trailer.
It pulls great, and is something we really like.
It even has an outdoor hose to wash off bikes etc. and carries gas for the generator and a hose to fill up bikes, quads or whatever.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I've seen guys hauling their bikes and atvs on this trailer with no issues going 80mph. On my trip to the beach this summer I would love to take my bike too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You really don't need much of a trailer to haul a bike. A flatbed utility trailer works just fine and are really afordable. I bought a ramp made for loading bikes on a trailer and use my 5x10 flatbed. I use a front wheel chock, strap it across the handlebars and strap the rear end in place.
Ride it there? I ride every day the weather lets me and love a good long cruse too, but I will trailer it in a minute if it's more practical to do so. Example: If we trailer two bikes from KC the the Smokey Mountains we can then drive it straight through and gain a full day in the Smokey's. My buddy can take his 2000 Duece he so loves and we don't have to worry about getting everybody home:)

·
Delaware 900 LT
74 Posts
trailering

I drive a winnebago class c outlook and pull a 7 x 10 enclosed trailer. we go to the americade every year and this has been the easiest way to travel up and stay for the week. also, your bikes will be safe and dry. there is also an extra amount of room to store add'l things and helmets, etc. and of course anything you might buy while there! I do love to just drive the bike up, but this way I have my house too! the 31' bago is short enough to fit in most of the sites, unlike some of the longer toyhaulers out there. I've been to nova scotia and florida and canada like this. you can always unhook if you need to fit in a smaller space. also, the enclosed trailer acts like a garage at the end of the day. I just drive up and into the condor wheel chock, and get off the bike. the 7' trailer holds 2 dresser bikes easily. I also put an exercise ball between the bikes just to avoid any potential knocking between the bikes while on a rought road.

I investigated many options prior to purchasing the unit this way. my priorities have changed recently and I am planning to change to a different unit in the near future; I'll be going to a smaller size as my needs have changed. this outlook version works very well for a family. if you have any interest, let me know. if you want to talk further about what might work for you, just contact me.
cheryl

·
20,826 Posts
Did the OP not want a travel trailer, that can also haul bikes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
A "Toy Hauler" type trailer is either a travel trailer with living space in the front area and an open space in the rear with a ramp entrance to load bikes, atvs, etc or a motorhome type vehicle with the same arrangement. Very handy type of conveyance if you have a family or a group traveling together.

·
Registered
995 Posts
A "Toy Hauler" type trailer is either a travel trailer with living space in the front area and an open space in the rear with a ramp entrance to load bikes, atvs, etc or a motorhome type vehicle with the same arrangement. Very handy type of conveyance if you have a family or a group traveling together.

I've been looking at them to replace my conventional 5th wheel RV. I just can't see getting a motor home. With a trailer you've got regular transportation (the pick-up) and you get to carry the bike along.

·
20,826 Posts
Yeah, I'm a little confused. What's a "toy hauler type trailer"?
I consider a toy hauler and RV that you camp in, but it has a rear ramp door and cargo area to haul Motorbikes, quads, snowmobiles etc.

We have an Energy and love it.

Here is a link to what I bought.

Keystone Energy | Floorplans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts