Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a FANTASTIC day I had! I took the Triumph to the race track and loved every minute of it. My only regret for the day is that I'd like to have track time on my 650R and my Buell XB9R so that I could compare them to the TT600. Oh well....maybe next time!

If you own a sport bike and you've never taken it to a track, DO IT! I've often heard pro football players talk about making the jump from the college game to the pros. They say that the difference is the speed. Well, the same thing is true for the race track. The speed at which I was cornering was so completely different. Over the years I've trained myself to look THROUGH a curve as I ride through it. Well, on the track, if I looked the same distance ahead, it was too late! I found myself staring DOWN instead of ahead because of the corner pace. I learned quick though! :D

Here's a link to the picture site:
Purchase Photos

If you look at CMP20090425\saturday\novice, you will find me on page 2 picture number 34. The blue bike, black suit and white/blue helmet.

Also, if you look at page 28, picture 675, you'll see me demo riding a buell 1125R. What an INCREDIBLE bike. It's like riding the 650R only with HUGE amounts of steroids. By that, I mean, it has gobs of torque and pull down lower, but around 5000 RPMs and on up, you get LOTS of power/pull as well. Buell has upped the redline to 10,500, so you feel like you can wring out the motor and get more power from it. I really feel like it's the best of both worlds. And to those that ride litre bikes....you stand no chance against it. I spent all day on the 600 with the litre bikes powering past me out of the curves on the straights because they had the power. On the 1125, I was passing all of them. No comparison. Buell hit a homerun with this bike. It's heavy through the corners, and loses a bit there, but there's not much that can beat it out of the turns though.

As a side note, when I demo rode for a session on the 1125, Ken Hill with Buell rode along behind me for liability reasons. Ken Hill is a former AMA racer, and a really nice guy (so is Nick Ienatsch who was there as well). Close to the end of the session I was coming out of turn 7, jumped on the throttle with the wheel slightly off the ground and passed a lesser rider.....about the same time, just to prove I'm NOT a racer, Ken came hauling past me on the inside of the straight! LOL

One final picture...on page 30 of the photos, in number 744, that's close to the end of the day.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This link should make it easier to get to the pictures:

PhotoReflect - Dviant Image

Page 6 the second photo #126
Page 9 the last photo #224
Page 10 the first one #225
Page 15 the first photo #350 (this is the Triumph ad picture! LOL)
Page 16 the second and third photos #376, 377
Page 24 the first and second photo is me on the Buell 1125R demo bike #575, 576
Page 26 the first picture in the second row (on the Buell) #630
Page 28 the first photo #675
Page 30 the second to last line of pictures, the last photo on that line. #744

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pix mang. How did the TT hold up against the CBRs and Yamwows?
It held it's own nicely against other 600s. The liter bikes took me out of the turns and onto the straights because they had more guts to power around me.

I did ok though. By the end of the day I was doing 120 on the back straight. it was actually 370 feet, a 33 degree right, another 1300 feet to a 38 degree right, then 500 feet to slow down for a 150 degree left.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Dave, those pics are awesome! Looks like you had a great time. I fell in love with that Buell the first time I saw it. If I could get a sportbike right now that'd be the one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts