Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
The Anti-Chrome
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went a test rode an 09 vegas 8 ball and now Im not sure what to do.
The bike rode nice, tons of power, could be lower and use a set of drag bars but thats no big deal. On paper I have somewhere around $9400 in my bike I can trade it in for the $7349 msrp so I lose two grand(pretty much the wheels) for the 9000 miles I put on my bike.

My only complaint about my bike is I would love more power and the vegas has it, looks alot like it and has a 5 year warranty.

Im not sure what the right move is. What do you guys think?

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
The question is how will you feel in the morning if you do trade it in? Personally I like my 900 Custom and right now nothing else is tempting me. I think this is one you are going to have to answer for yourself. Wish I could be of more help.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
You're 900 looks sweet, but so does the 8 Ball. ;) If it's got what you want then get it. This deal on the MSRP thing won't last forever. Doubt you'll get the chance to trade your bike in for that amount ever again. Well, at least not for awhile.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats a tough call. but like Wild says you will probably never see that price for you bike again. You say the $2000 loss equals the wheels. Do you have your stock rims? If so change back and sell the customs, that narrows the gap even more?? Either way you go, this is probably one of those no lose situations.

·
The Anti-Chrome
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I would miss my 900, I made the bike the way I thought it should be and its been a great bike! but I dont think I would be upset with the 8 ball, and if I was, I could just change a bunch of stuff to make it my own like I did with the custom 8)

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
What's coming out of your pocket on the Vegas?
If it's a good price, and you're getting 7300.00 for the custom, I'd go for it.
Be aware that Victory is deep in non-current inventory right now. There are good deals to be made.

·
guitar junkie
1,488 Posts
Looks like you put alot of personality into your custom.If it were me, I'd keep the custom. Besides,how much power do you really need. Just my thoughts.

·
The Anti-Chrome
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a tough call. but like Wild says you will probably never see that price for you bike again. You say the $2000 loss equals the wheels. Do you have your stock rims? If so change back and sell the customs, that narrows the gap even more?? Either way you go, this is probably one of those no lose situations.
I dont have the stock rear wheel anymore, wish I did!

the victory is $13799( thats the catch on the msrp deal, you pay full msrp) but they are throwing in the pipes that are $899. This isnt a smokin deal by any means, but it is a pretty decent one. but you guys are right It's not likely that I will ever get that much for the bike again.

It really is a no lose situation, I either keep an awesome bike and do even more modifications or I get something bigger and start fresh

on a side note, I snagged a parts catalog and it is really impressive how much victory offers for their bikes and how well priced every thing is!

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,316 Posts
Depends on how unhappy you are with your 900...and how much extra cash you have for the new bike. If you're bothered by the lack of power every time you get on the bike, and you've got the cash...make the switch! If its just an occassional thing, and it'd be tight to get the cash...might want to pass (there will always be a deal to be made).

Personally, I have yet to miss my 900 since switching it out for my ZX-14 in June. The lack of power at interstate speeds and vibes were driving me nuts on a daily basis...so it was time for a change.

Good luck!

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I dont have the stock rear wheel anymore, wish I did!

the victory is $13799( thats the catch on the msrp deal, you pay full msrp) but they are throwing in the pipes that are $899. This isnt a smokin deal by any means, but it is a pretty decent one. but you guys are right It's not likely that I will ever get that much for the bike again.

It really is a no lose situation, I either keep an awesome bike and do even more modifications or I get something bigger and start fresh

on a side note, I snagged a parts catalog and it is really impressive how much victory offers for their bikes and how well priced every thing is!
Victory was doing some really sweet financing as well.
I'd trade up if you're feeling it. You'll get over your 900, and there's plenty of bling for the Vegas. - Before you buy a piped bike, try to ride one for a while. Santa Rosa & Ness pipes are really loud, and the outlets are right under your ear in some cases. - I couldn't take it for very long, but I'm old.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
I have been looking pretty hard at the Kingpin Tour, and they do have some pretty good deals going on right now. Unfortunately I don't have a trade-in, but yeah, she's callin my name pretty loudly!

I do like the looks of the 8-ball though! That's pretty tight, and to get it decked out to almost the same place as your modded 900 is pretty sweet.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I liked the way the Vegas rode during my two separate rides on one. You need to define how you use your bike and then see if the Vegas fits your personal profile. My brother rides a Sportster and it fits his profile perfectly (commuting with occasional road trips). My 900 fits my current profile perfectly (many short road trips with a few long-700+ trips thrown in).

However, I would like a little more power! My 900 would have to really let me down to seriously look at another bike, but that is why there are so many bikes and sizes available. You can get what you want and then personalize it! Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Make sure you look at the big picture. How much more are they going to add on the that $13000 price tag when you sit down Tax, title, uncrating, disposal, ETC.... I've had over $4000 added to a bike at times when I've looked.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.