Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was riding to work today, via 395 in CA, west of Reno, came upon a fresh accident scene. There was just a CHP cruiser, and a beat-to-$h!+ car...and a bike, laying on its side, in the oncoming lane. Also laying was a body on the shoulder, covered in a yellow sheet, with a CHP trooper standing over it. We were waved past too fast for any other details, but that body and the bike will be in mind for a long time as mount my own.

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
No medical personnel/ambulance present? Hopefully the yellow sheet was to keep the injured person warm until medical help arrived. But if the sheet indicated the worst, then it really is horrible . . .

·
Registered
54 Posts
:sad: I'll say a prayer for the rider. I've seen two like that in my lifetime... One in 1985 the other 97. The both of them are still as fresh in my mind as the day they happend.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No because we face that everyday we ride!
+1 And while it's not a possibility that I desire to dwell on, a reminder once and a while might make me think a bit more on the risks, and make me a bit more careful.

Prayers to the rider and his/her family.

And to those where the weather is warming up, take care when you pull the bikes back out. Ride Safe.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
My prayers go out to this rider--no matter what the condition of his health at this point.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Last summer on the way home from work I stopped by a friends house to say hi. He felt compeled to tell me the story about his motorcycle wreck. While riding home later a car came out of a parking lot and almost hit me! I've had a bike most of my life, grew up racing dirt bikes and saw others get hurt regulary. Me and my riding buds soon learned it was bad mojo to talk about riders going down. To me, some things are better left unsaid. Eyes wide open!

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Last summer while riding, we came upon a bike vs car where a child riding as the bike passenger died. Yes, that will really remind you how precious life is and to savor every moment.

Prayers for the family.

Y'all ride safely out there.

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
As I was riding to work today, via 395 in CA, west of Reno, came upon a fresh accident scene. There was just a CHP cruiser, and a beat-to-$h!+ car...and a bike, laying on its side, in the oncoming lane. Also laying was a body on the shoulder, covered in a yellow sheet, with a CHP trooper standing over it. We were waved past too fast for any other details, but that body and the bike will be in mind for a long time as mount my own.
Always hate to see that kind of thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts