Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The transmission on my o1 Lakota is slipping through all the gears when I first get on the throttle,I was told there is an adjustment on it,is that true and how do I go about doing it?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
There are two adjustments, one for shift lever to clutch basket rod preload to disengage the clutch, and another for engagement rpm. Because it is not just a grab a wrench and screwdrive and start to fiddle procedure I would recommend you pick up a service manual and follow the steps outlined.

If the clutch pack has been allowed to slip very much, you may have to change the clutch plates and steels, and perhaps even the preload springs. The manual will outline how to check each item.

The Lakota is a very good ATV and capable of a lot more performance than many realize. Do a web search for ATV Connection Magazine and for their articles on turning one up a bunch, you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far Im pretty impressed with it,with the exeption of the tranny slipping it will out run my wifes 350 raptor..but thats only since I went with a K&N air filter,will the tranny hold up if I put a better pipe on it or should I leave it alone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts