Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Kawasaki ZX 11 my bike keep jumping out of second gear. The bike have 15800 mile on it ,however this transmission problem started with about 10000 mile on it. I have purchased a transmission I want to know if anyone have change a transmission out and if so how much trouble is it to do. I have 2 different manual on the bike and it doesn't seem to be a hard job. I am a mechanic by trade but I am a auto mechanic not bike. I am very good with wrenches,so thats not the problem just want to hear from someone that have do this type work before.Any help will be appricated....My cell number is 803-466-1052 if there is someone I can speak to about this before I begain,,,,,

Thanks again

Delano

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Techy I am going to tackle this job as soon as I got some time off from work.I work for the postal service and we are working 7 days a week...lol I have bought a transmission with shift forks and drum from of ebay.It looks very clean and unworn. I have another question what gaskets do I need to purchase if any from restalling the engine casing or anything I am going to take apart? Also if you have any pics or anything I may need to see or know about here is my email address [email protected]

Delano

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.