Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am seriously considering getting the 240 mimic set up from mean cycles. my question is does the stock seat fit with the fender sent by mean cycles? also will the lowering kit from scootworks be good with everything. Thanks!

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
It depends which fender you are getting....if you are getting the Sumo-X rear fender then the stock seat will work....if you are getting the Britt rear fender then you have to get the Britt seat.
And it works fine with the lowering kit, i have mine lowered 2".

Robb

·
Frank the Tank
287 Posts
You can also use the Kustomwerks fender from meancycles and do some modifications to use the stock seat. That's the route I went with.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
Yeah they're the same. I guess we just all started calling it the Britt fender for some reason. Kustomwerks makes em though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like the looks of either fender but my only catch is the piece that covers the fender mounting brackets and how they sit above the rear fender itself.

·
Frank the Tank
287 Posts
i like the looks of either fender but my only catch is the piece that covers the fender mounting brackets and how they sit above the rear fender itself.
That is definitely one drawback. Really no big deal from the side, but noticeable from the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Intrested in doing the 240 rear on mine as well, my question is can you use any 18x8.5 rim and just buy the pulley and spacer, or do you have to buy the mimic kit. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
you said, "You can also use the Kustomwerks fender from meancycles and do some modifications to use the stock seat. That's the route I went with." what mods did you make to the fender to get the seat to work? I have the Kustomwerks fender what mod will i have to make?

·
Frank the Tank
287 Posts
I bought the fender from meancycles and the 240 setup from sumo-x. I talked with the guys at sumo-x and they sent me a bracket to use with the stock seat. I had to bend the bracket, drill some holes in the underside of the seat, mount the bracket to the seat, drill a hole in the fender (before paint of course) and use a nut and bolt to hold the bracket to the fender. Sounds like alot, but really was not much effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the fender from meancycles and the 240 setup from sumo-x. I talked with the guys at sumo-x and they sent me a bracket to use with the stock seat. I had to bend the bracket, drill some holes in the underside of the seat, mount the bracket to the seat, drill a hole in the fender (before paint of course) and use a nut and bolt to hold the bracket to the fender. Sounds like alot, but really was not much effort.
Where did you get that bracket again exactly and do you have any pictures of it?

·
Frank the Tank
287 Posts
Where did you get that bracket again exactly and do you have any pictures of it?
I ordered my 240 directly from Sumo-X and when I talked to them about wanting to stick with the stock seat, they said they could provide me with the bracket. I just had to bend it a bit but not that much. I don't have a picture handy, but I could take some and post it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts