Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any "best practices" for removing the rear ignition coil on a Mule 3010 (KAF620E)? My rear cylinder is not firing and the rear ignition coil's secondary wiring reading is showing "open". The manual says to remove the torque convertor and then the starter, seems like a LOT of work to replace a coil. :shock:

Does anyone know any tricks or shortcuts for this procedure? Also, where is the best place to order parts?

Also, I noticed in this forum as well as others I belong to that a lot of people do not follow-up with their findings when a problem is resolved. I will try to do my best not to fall in that rut. As you can probably tell this is my first Mule and she is a HIGH mileage animal that lived its whole life pulling duty in an RV park.

Many thanks,
Baxter
Greenwell Springs, LA

·
Registered
886 Posts
8mm wrench and a 1/4" drive short 8mm socket on a 1/4" ratchet. It helps to have small hands, a "gift" which I personally do not posess. I've done a few lately and while they're not the hardest job I've done, they're also not the easiest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
An 8mm ratchet wrench is probably the easiest way, but you need patience as you can only turn it a small amount at a time and starting the bolt back in can be tedious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts