·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother told me the same thing. I just hit the link and it worked for me?? I have not tried to use it yet but I will try tonight. I was just navigating around it just a couple of minutes ago. My brother went to another similar site and they were unable to help because they were booked but I will post what happens with the site I posted (if anything??).

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
You should be able to program all of the route in your Garmin.

·
Registered
217 Posts
trip planning

I rode from Montreal to Fort lauderdale and back, and i planned my trip with MapQuest. No trouble at all. Very precise, no surprises and accurate.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
How much time you got? That would be my big problem. There is a ton of things to do between there and here. Easy way is I 95 south you cant miss it. If you make it to the end go back about 30 miles. Other than that side roads are great. You could run I 95 for awhile and say in SouthCarolina jump off and head out towards the coast and run there down to Ga. Lots of options.

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode from Montreal to Fort lauderdale and back, and i planned my trip with MapQuest. No trouble at all. Very precise, no surprises and accurate.
Can you load the routes into a GPS?
I did not have any luck with the site I posted.
We are just going for the ride and a night of drunken stupidity and then back home. We plan on doing mostly secondary roads and we will take 2 days to get there spend Sunday and Sunday night on his boat then 2 days back home. So we are hoping to ride some good motorcycle roads along way. I was hoping the site I posted would know good motorcycle roads.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm thats odd. But never fail have a back up plan.
Motorcycle Roads & Trips - The Best US Motorcycle Rides & Routes Select which states you want and go for it.
Motorcycle Roads, Routes, Rides & Maps | OpenRoadJourney.com
America's Byways®: National Scenic Byways Online lots of good info
Places 2 Ride: a guide to motorcycle rides, events & riding gear. listings of places to ride, restruants and lodgeing
Hope some of these help you.
Thanks for the info. I will get these ordered and start planning our trip.
Our ride is postponed until the weekend of the 12th or 19th because one of my brothers can't go Super Bowl weekend. The weekend of the 12th is the Bike show so we might push it until the 19th. Thanks again for the info. Ultimately I would like to plan atrip and then have it loaded onto my GPS (Zumo 450). So if anyone knows how to do it please share but I can always create a route manually with the GPS.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well dont know exactly where you plan to go, but it looks as thouh alot of this stuff points to the NC mountians. Anyways if your going to postpone it that long wait another week and come down for Bike Week in Daytona . It starts the 26th and runs thru the 7th of March I think.

·
Registered
230 Posts
When I went to FL, I followed the coast going through the Outer Banks of NC. Great ride. First night stayed at Kitty Hawk, then rode to Myrtle Beach, and stayed the second. Rode into Saint Augustine the next day, which is probably my favorite town in all of FL.

·
Registered
219 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts