Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a family trip from my state of Washington, thru Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Started last weekend, when Sturgis was breaking up and returning just yesterday. I went down thru Yellowstone to Cody (a true biker friendly town) then Thermopolis (home of the worlds largest mineral hot springs and bath) and then to Casper via the Wind River Canyon (words cannot explaing how beautiful). Finished up with camping out in the Big Horn mountains from Thursday to Saturday. I'll tell you I've never missed my bike so much. The scenery out there is either very sparse or very beautiful with plenty of both. The Wapati Valley leading out of the east gate of Yellowstone is spectacular.

The one thing that really burned me was seeing all the bikes coming back from Sturgis riding the perfect twisties....It was all I could do to not pull out my hair, I wanted to ride so bad, and now that I'm home...It's windy and raining! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

If ya'll ever get a chance, the area around Yellowstone just waits for you. I almost made it over to the Beartooth Mountains and Beartooth Pass up to Red Lodge to see our hosts, Beartooth Kawasaki but we decided to hit I-90 and head straight home instead. Too much excitement for one week.

·
Registered
458 Posts
spok said:
I just got back from a family trip from my state of Washington, thru Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Too much excitement for one week.
Sounds like a great trip. Also, you have done the preliminary scouting for the same trip on your bike. :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Road trip

Now you KNOW the next trip and the roads to take...No problem!!!

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, there will be no excuses next time.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

wow :shock: sounds like a great trip - i'd love to ride yellowstone
maybe 1 day :cry:

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yellowstone from Fla is a long haul to start. I'd love to ride it too and hopefully next year I will.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Home sweet home 8) 8)

Thermopolis also has a rather cool dino museum well worth the visit if you have kids. Normally we take them there & then soak all night in a hot springs :p

Did ya stop in at Buffalo & check out the wicked cool museum & historic hotel? Or did ya see Buffalo Bills hotel in Sheradin? Remember the empty block in Buffalo (right in town) Back when Yellowstone was on fire 98% of Buffalo
s VFD was in Yellowstone & the down town area caught on fire.

Well, since the town did not have a fire department & the entire town was about to burn up.

The Chief of the VFD (and he's still the chief from what I understand) called in a C-130 slury drop on the town 8) 8) 8)

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rat, We did see the Dino Museum in Thermopolis. That stop was initially for the kids but I liked it too. AND, yes I did stop at the museum in Buffalo. Great place, lots of cool stuff to look at and see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts