Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nad always rode ok but always seemed vague in the front end and the front wheel seemed like it was mount on wet noodles at slow speeds
I checked the usual suspects tire pressure, steering head bearing all was well
so on a whim I jacked it and checked the tightness of the triple tree pinch bolts and it took a little turn to get them to 14.5lbs but nothing that caught my attention as being too loose until I took it for a spin and holly front fork batman the thing handles like a dream great low speed manners and now at highway speed tracks like it's on rails, a whole new bike.
I guess at close to 1000lbs with rider a little bit means a lot.
So all I can says is check those pinch bolts you might just be in for a surprise.

Please post here if you do check them and notice a difference
thanks

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
My nad always rode ok but always seemed vague in the front end and the front wheel seemed like it was mount on wet noodles at slow speeds
I checked the usual suspects tire pressure, steering head bearing all was well
so on a whim I jacked it and checked the tightness of the triple tree pinch bolts and it took a little turn to get them to 14.5lbs but nothing that caught my attention as being too loose until I took it for a spin and holly front fork batman the thing handles like a dream great low speed manners and now at highway speed tracks like it's on rails, a whole new bike.
I guess at close to 1000lbs with rider a little bit means a lot.
So all I can says is check those pinch bolts you might just be in for a surprise.

Please post here if you do check them and notice a difference
thanks
these bolts are very critical and need to be checked.It can cause the bike to "sway" depending on the way you ride.Mass production seems to overlook some parts.I went threw my whole bike and found several out of spec tightness's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1
Mine cornered like it had a low tire it wasn't so bad that it was scary just enough to keep me looking for a problem. Also it was near impossible to hold a straight line it always drifted around
I knew it wasn't a sport bike but it should have handle better then it did my friends v2k handled better then my nad so I knew something was up.
I still don't know why other then cost they don't double clamp the front axle either make a world of deference on handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.