Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so there are a number of problems here first one being i dont know anything about atvs. Ive got a 2003 650 praire, has been a great bike, i almost only use it to hunt out of. To make a long story short i let a so called friend borrow it and it got left out doors for about a month or 2. It now misses bad and will not stay on idle. I got all the gas out and am in the process of running sea foam through a tank. Changed plugs and no change. I now noticed oil leaks that werent there before and beginging to get really worried that it might have got ran hot by this great friend of mine. Anywho any help with the missing, not idleing and oil leaks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Unless the friend wears a tea cup for a cap, I doubt it was overheated. It may have been run at too high of engine speeds, and need the valves adjusted and a compression test afterwards to see if there was any engine damage.

But, I really suspect the carburetors are dirty from old fuel. Letting one set around without fuel conditioner is a kiss of death as the fuel separates and plugs passages and jets unless you are running off road fuel, and most people just run pump gas.

Oil will start seeping out of these engines after a few months if the oil is not kept clean. Just one delayed oil change can pretty well lead to leakage. But, so can dumping one on its side and getting oil in the air box, then it seeps out and looks like it is leaking everywhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts