Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Those are pretty cool. It would look pretty cool if you put one of those and some matching hardbags on.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I know a guy that has that trunk on his Star1300. Pretty good for the price but not TOP quality.
I would get one for the Strat but the color is wrong...

They look good and function fine from the 1 I have seen.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Personally, I do not like the design of the trunk from ebay. I prefer Tsukayu or Leatherlyke trunks for my 900LT.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
SDBrit has a Mutazu, needs a repaint already... the top of the trunk is totally oxidized like a '65 Impala.
His bags still look fine.

Another guy in my club put the trunk on his RoadStar... he ended up glassing the entire interior because he felt it was too flimsy, especially with his wife using it as a backrest.

I had a set of their hardbags on my 1600 for a few weeks. Got LeatherLykes now. They were cheap and thin... even with black paint, you could see light through the corners.

You get what you pay for. For $115+ shipping, it's not a BAD product... but it's not going to be a Tourpak.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
glassing? "doubling" the walls with fiberglass cloth and resin on the inside.

Messy, stinky job... itchy when you start trimming the edges and sanding.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
SDBrit has a Mutazu, needs a repaint already... the top of the trunk is totally oxidized like a '65 Impala.
His bags still look fine.

Another guy in my club put the trunk on his RoadStar... he ended up glassing the entire interior because he felt it was too flimsy, especially with his wife using it as a backrest.

I had a set of their hardbags on my 1600 for a few weeks. Got LeatherLykes now. They were cheap and thin... even with black paint, you could see light through the corners.

You get what you pay for. For $115+ shipping, it's not a BAD product... but it's not going to be a Tourpak.
For me, the real problem is the hinges. The set I'm stuck with look like they're made out of coat hanger wire. Regardless of how much you beef up the sides, nothing will make up for the hinges. Or the cheap "chrome" accents. Or the plastic that looks like it will crack on the first bump.

How do I really feel?

;{>

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts