Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase the Tsukayu Patrol Hard bags for my Vulcan 1600. I currenly have a Protac drivers backrest that worked fine with my leatherlyke saddlebags.

For those of you who have Tsukayu bags on your bike, how close to the bike do they fit? The bracket for the protac backrest sticks out about an inch from the bike. I am hoping I will have the clearance for the bracket to fit between the saddlebags and the bike.

Thanks for any input.

Mike

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
I don't have a backrest but the bags came with a 1 inch spacer. In combination with the backet, they stuck out somewhere between 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I replaced the spacer with 1/2 inch one. With the backrest being used as a spacer as well, it may even be possible to not add an additional spacer. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the strong bags not the patrol. I have a Cobra backrest and I used a smaller set of spacers next to the plastic chrome, the backrest support and then another set of spacers to push the bags out a little further so the didnt hit the belt guard or brake caliper.. Not sure if you can see it in this pic.

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a backrest but the bags came with a 1 inch spacer. In combination with the backet, they stuck out somewhere between 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I replaced the spacer with 1/2 inch one. With the backrest being used as a spacer as well, it may even be possible to not add an additional spacer. Hope that helps.
thanks. Sounds like it will work. Protac is telling me I only need 1".

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'm thinking of switching from my River Road slants to hard bags ... would appreciate a picture when you get them installed!

·
Enjoy the ride
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking of switching from my River Road slants to hard bags ... would appreciate a picture when you get them installed!
I ordered the bags two days ago. They may take up to 5 weeks to get but I will post pics when they are installed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts