Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...please post.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to post pics of your bike with either of these bags installed. Personal experience and opinions are always welcome.

Tsukayu Patrol Bags ($599)

Mutazu HL Bags ($270)

They will be going on this bike with a Memphis Shades Fairing. I currently have a Leatherworks 312L Chopper Bag, which I'll be keeping. Everything will be installed with Quick Releases, so I can switch back and forth from "Glide" to "Naked Cruiser":

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do a search on ebay for ABS saddlebags. you can get reproduction harley touring bags for 99 buckds brand new
I've thought about those, but after buying all the hardware, having them repainted, etc., I'll end up paying almost as much as new bags.

BTW, pics ot any of these hardbags on a 900 Custom would be really helpful!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've thought about those, but after buying all the hardware, having them repainted, etc., I'll end up paying almost as much as new bags.

BTW, pics ot any of these hardbags on a 900 Custom would be really helpful!
I like the tsukayu.

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found this on a Honda Forum about the Mutazu HL Bags...

Just got them after waiting 2 weeks.They charge 60 bucks for shipping so that's my first *****.Bought them right off their site.
First off, the mounts and hardware are first rate. It's a "figure it out yourself" mounting system since these are aimed at many different models of bikes.It's a shame the bags aren't as heavy or tough. It's the typical flimsy plastic that aren't going to take a lot of abuse.I'm pretty careful with my bike but I worry about people,bikes bumping into them. Overall they look very much like a Harley bag . The hinge inside is a big piece of rubber that will take a while to wear in. Only the bottom has a lining but it isn't much. But it would be easy to line them with felt or anything to soften the ride inside them. The locks work good. One thing that's kinda weird is the lids open from the bike side out.(see pics). I also found they are only 24 inches long instead of the claimed 26 which is a good thing if you want to show your shocks off.Over all I give them a 7 out of 10.
and this is from the Tsukayu's site...

25 Liters of Storage Capacity for each side of Hardbags, Come Carpet Lined, lockable original latch, and all Mounting Hardware you needed for installation.

Mounting Brackets and all other mounting hardware are made of very strong, show chrome, quality stainless steel, making Tsukayu's mounting system heavy-duty and extremely stable.
Those rubber hinges and non-carpeted interior is kinda turning me off of the Mutazu's.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
I like the patrol bags, but i like the look of th HD style bags anyway. That is way the street glide is on my short list for 2011.

BTW whats with the parking lot in your driveway. Love the international--plans to restore?

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the patrol bags, but i like the look of th HD style bags anyway. That is way the street glide is on my short list for 2011.

BTW whats with the parking lot in your driveway. Love the international--plans to restore?
Heh, I was at my parents' house that day. My dad and I are restoring the International. It's a 1949 KB-1. Has 40,000 original miles on it, but we're going to gut it and put in a V8. We actually have that and an entire 2nd parts truck to repair the damaged fenders, etc. The chrome pieces for the grille were a ***** to locate; a lot of these trucks were farm trucks and took a beating on a regular basis.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
I have the Tsukayu Strongs and they have been great! Pricey, yes, but I also believe they are better quality. The carpet lined is great until you have a McDonalds large, styrofoam cup break a hole in the bottom and the ENTIRE drink leaks into the bag! :mad:

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Have you considered these? IMO, the lines will go a lot better with the Vulcan than Patrol bags and other rectangular ones.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
lol. :)

here's what I'm talking about...it wouldn't be as noticeable being mine would be black, but something just doesn't look right, imho.

Yeah, I agree. Would look sweet with the Classic fender though, IMO.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Those rubber hinges and non-carpeted interior is kinda turning me off of the Mutazu's.
While a higher price may not always mean high quality, high quality will always mean a higher price. :)

here's what I'm talking about...it wouldn't be as noticeable being mine would be black, but something just doesn't look right, imho.
Really, IMO, there's no saddlebags that look good on a Custom (like with the Meanie). The shortened rear fender just doesn't lend itself well to it. I can't remember where, but I swear someone put up a photo of one with the patrol bags and it looked just as odd IMO. Hence the need for quick detach. :)

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While a higher price may not always mean high quality, high quality will always mean a higher price. :)
of course. I'm just trying to figure out if the price disparity matches the quality.

Really, IMO, there's no saddlebags that look good on a Custom (like with the Meanie). The shortened rear fender just doesn't lend itself well to it. I can't remember where, but I swear someone put up a photo of one with the patrol bags and it looked just as odd IMO. Hence the need for quick detach. :)
If you can find that pic, that would be awesome. I've been searching my *** off and can't find one. Closest one I've seen to what I'm looking to do is Doug's bike, but he has a classic fender.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
If you can find that pic, that would be awesome. I've been searching my *** off and can't find one. Closest one I've seen to what I'm looking to do is Doug's bike, but he has a classic fender.
Do a search for bagger. I think there might have been one in there. But, there are a LOT of photos in there so it may take awhile.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts