Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. I recently bought a 75 Z1 project bike. I'm at the point that I want new tires but I can't find any good info on what to put on the bike. The only manufacturer that listed a fitment for the bike was Bridgestone and it was a tubeless tire (Battlax BT45). I'm looking for some good handling tires. Any coments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

what size are they?

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think you can run a tube in tubeless tire but not the other way around. im assuming you have spoked wheels.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
BT45's are great tires. I've run them on several bikes and have always been happy with them. Rain or dry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got tires for my '74 Z1. to be honest I can't recall what I ended up getting because I'm too tired to think right now :) but I can tell you this, you can use a tube in a tubeless tire on a tube type wheel, and you must use a tube if the wheel has spokes. I guess that's pretty much what shift said, but hey I felt like saying something :)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
tires

jebarber,

My kawasaki service manual shows the stock tires for my bike. That is a good source of information. Also it depends on what kind if riding you do...as to the type of tread. I am a touring style rider, so I buy tires that will hug the curves and have plenty of rain grooves in them. My 750 is wearing Dunlop Qualifiers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts