Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know wherwe I can find a turbo kit to put on an "04 636 or a place I can bring it to to get it done? I'm in the minneapolis area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just out of curiousity but why would you want to put a turbo on that bike? Not enough power for you or something? If not I'd recommend a bigger bike before strapping on a turbo. Would be more reliable and easier to fix in my opinion.

-Vaedyn

·
Registered
456 Posts
First of all, let me say hey-di-ho. I'm in St. Paul. Now on with the topic.

I'm with vaedyn on this. Tell us why you want it.

Without knowing anything else, I say get yourself a ZX-10R. It's probably cheaper than a turbo, more reliable, longer life, better resale value, easier to get parts, easier to find a knowledgeable mechanic, etc. If you want turbo, turbo something worthwhile.

In my opinion, most people who want turbo really want a quick start off the line. That's not where turbo helps. But a bigger engine with more torque sure will make a difference there.

Turbos are good for passing power. But even there I'd bet my money on a ZX-10R instead of a turbo'ed 636.
Curt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TURBO

I don't think that you realize whats involved or what you have already...or something... You can do several things to your bike to improve it's performance, but installing a turbo on a bike that light is "insane". You will find turbo's on cars and even some Larger bikes that hae some weight to them. When you ride down the road at say 100MPH the rear tire is already slipping ever so little already. Putting a turbo on your bike...you just don't have the room or weight to do so. If you need more top end change your sprocket gearing, you want more bottom end and less top end the same applies. YOu will still be able to reach redline unless you get real extreme in gearing. I don't even see the use of NitrosOxide (NOS) on a bike such as yours. I'm not sure how old you are, but you should have a chat with the Turbo guys and your Tech-Physics instructor. IF you are capable of properly handling your bike and it seems as if you don't have enough power, then adjust the mapping, or even change your gearing. There is absolutely no reason to use or to waste that sort of money (lots of money) on a bike that is not designed or capable of that much power. WOAH!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Another thing, it's not just simply adding a turbo. Most engines must have internal work done to them to get it to accept a turbo. First thing you would need is new piston rings to lower your compression ratio. Stock is compression is way to high. Read the September Sport Rider Magazine. They have two very good articles on Turbo charging a Hayabusa & ZX-12R. Read up on all they had to do to the engines just to get them ready for a turbo. It is quite extensive.

·
Registered
605 Posts
you have posted a few weird posts kawiben, if you own a digi cam place your minnesota paper next to your bike and you and take a picture of it, not that I don't believe you don't need more power on a 6r

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SOUND

YOu wouldn't hear the blow-off valve or the air escaping from it...it is set to release the excess air beyond the set pressure for the engine. Kinda like if you set a gasll of water to full it runns over it maintains the same amount of water. Except if you adjust it for 4PSI it will pass anything greater than 4PSI through the valve to prevent over pressure and catastrophic failure (blowing) the engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to tell you the trueth, I don't know why i posted this. I posted this on August 28 2004 around 7:00 p.m. central time. and the 28 was my birthday, I was kinda drunk at the time. But the basis for my inquery was that i saw someone online a few months back who put a turbo on his 636. I realized about a week after I bout my 636 that maybe I should have bought a 10R. But since I'm in my 4th riding season I know there's alot more I can improve on before I get that nuts. Believe me, Brainard International Speedway Is teaching me alot at thetrack days. Any way don't want you guys out there to think I'm some Speed freakin' nut job. i'm well aware that and fully believe that any thing over 600 cc's is to much unless you are on a cruiser an Leagally racing.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Cool

And..you will find that I apologised for the Micron moment too...

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey if you still looking into turboing your bike.. i have a friend whos friend has done it ill try and get some info.. mind you this was done to a yamaha but a turbo setup is a turbo setup..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts