Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was browsing around at the dealer today and had a couple questions regarding the Two Brothers slip on exhaust for my 2009 ninja 650r. I was also looking at the tail kit remover also but the gentleman told me it wasn't entirely street legal so I decided against it (as much as I hate the tail). Anyways, are there any known issues or problems with this exhaust?

Here is a link: Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

They have several different kinds (aluminum, carbon fiber, etc.). I was looking at the aluminum one, however I'm a little worried about it corroding - my second option would be the titanium one. I would have the dealership install it and leave the sound baffle or insert in, and I'm planning on keeping the stock muffler just in case something goes wrong. The service department also told me they would have to "remap my fuel injectors" or something like that, they indicated that modifying the exhaust and remapping the fuel injectors goes hand in hand. So let me sum up my questions for you :eek:

1. Are there any known issues or problems with this exhaust?
2. Will I experience any kind of *decrease* in performance?
3. Will this cause problems later on?
4. If I get this done will the fuel injectors need to be remapped (something I would have the dealer do)?

Edit: I'm not hell bent on getting this or doing any modifications really so I am open to any possible cons to doing this, I would love to hear them

·
I ride what I like
389 Posts
You dont have to re-map anything. Its fuel enjection. The ECU will compensate with the new exhaust. You dont re-map injectors. LOL. An ECU gets re-mapped, but I doubt there are map flashes for our ECU.

You can add a Two Bros juice box or Powercommander V, but they are not needed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigh, decided against it I guess. After almost an hour of searching I've heard nothing but bad about how long they last (everyone says the sound is bad *** though). Ugh... any other suggestions? To be honest I want something loud as hell, but I'm not willing to pay several hundred dollars for a pipe that's only going to last 6000 miles

Edit: After more searching I've discovered too many possible problems, just going to leave it stock. One website indicated that the large two cylinder engine will wear certain parts of the pipe down faster than inline fours or whatever - this just looks like it will cause more problems and money than it's worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts