Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was going to Wal-Mart which is just down the road a few miles and as I pull up to the light I bring in the clutch and the lever goes limp. My clutch cable broke so I push the bike to an autoparts store and spend the day waiting to be picked up. I strip off the fairings so nothing will break when I put it in the back of my friends minivan (I need some friends with pickup trucks). Anyways, the moral is this whole ordeal could have been avoided if I had just taken the time to inspect the cables on my new bike. Inspecting them is not enough they also need to be properly adjusted and oiled.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It is possable to ride it home, especially that short of a distance with out clutching. Its not particularly good on your bike to shift without clutching but that little bit wouldn't do much. But you're right, inspection is key, ESPECIALLY on a bike. Something going wrong with a car is annoying, something going wrong with a bike is deadly.

·
Registered
605 Posts
yup, I've ridden home two bikes without clutches, not because I had to but because friends trust me to do it.

They push me and I drop it into first, second, third if I'm daring but no need to be going too fast, then I brake down to a reasonable/correct level of RPM's just boot it down then when I'm approaching a light, I'll pop it into neutral while still rolling so as not to go flying through the light/stall it..

All in all it's not fun if you have major streets so just take care of your cables everyone, light buddy check breast cancer for women every month on the 27th I'll post a 30 minute check over and mammorgram...I mean, cable lubing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts