Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a Fulmer D4 Evil Spell helmet and the darn D-rings will not reach the helmet hooks and allow the seat to lock back down(on an 09 ninja 250). Are there any products out there that can be used to lock down the helmet without having to use the D-rings? When I start riding to classes everyday I really don't want to have to carry my helmet around like a dweeb:rolleyes:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Never lock mine when I leave it, Just make you a sign and put on the bike, THIS RIDER HAS COOTIES, they will leave it alone, lol works

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Dunno about your bike in particular, but with mine I have to completely unfasten the chin strap (which I never do otherwise) to get it to reach the hook (and even then its a pain).

That said, I rarely leave it on the hook...pretty much always carry it around with me (like a dweeb :tongue: ).

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've gotten creative with a bicycle type of lock, the wire encased in plastic with a key lock integrated. And something like that should be available locally.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Sometimes I just hang my helmet on the bars and walk away, sometimes Icarry it with me.
Depends on the place I am parked.
I small cable lock sold at most bike shops will work well and can lock up multiple helmets if needed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those extenders are EXACTLY what I need, thanks guys, I didn't want to leave my helmet unlocked while I was in classes throughout the day.

·
Old bike guy
27 Posts
Locks

I have a set of about 6 keyed alike smaller (but big enough to be somewhat stout) locks and I carry one on each motorcycle along with about 18" to 24" of kind of light duty (but welded) chain. I put the lock on the end of the chain and then put the whole works in an old athletic sock just to keep it all kind of together and keep it from scratching anything. This gets small enough so that it can be stored away on almost any bike SOMEWHERE. The nice thing about the lock and chain is that it is not stiff at all, but can be used to lock a jacket (or two) and helmet (or two) down to the bike just to keep honest people honest. I just run the chain thru a sleeve and then through the helmet and lock it all down to where ever works on the bike. If some thief really wants your stuff, he is going to get it somehow. Not only does all that work, but it is pretty cheap if you buy the chain and locks at someplace like Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have a pair of the "extenders" just like the ones that Charlie and Daddyos linked to. Also for a different reason I made up a plastic covered cable. I made the cable orginaly to lock up like the T-bag or something I forget now. But it also works pretty dang good as a helmet lock. I can loop it thru something like the luggage rack and then thru the D rings on the helmet and then lock it up. I went to home depot and got a couple feet of plastic covered cable, about 1/4" and then a couple of swedges. They are the pieces you crimp down to put the ends together. I made a loop at each end and then have some place to put the lock. I have used my disc lock a couple of times with it but you could use a padlock if you had one around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts