Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was hoping to see the new VFR and the new (to us) Fury at a bike show i went to on the 7th, but was disappointed to be told that neither model was on show.
But the friendly chap gave me an invite to a VIP preview night at their Honda dealership on Friday 12th.

Both models are being revealed Nationwide on the 13th and 14th, so this was quite a sneak peek for those who could make it.
Being a Friday night, I obviously had plans, so wasn't intending on going... until my friends bailed on me. So i headed to MotoDen Honda after work and was a little shocked to see the place empty.
I was the first one there! :biggrin:

Sadly neither bike was actually being uncovered for another 2 hours :toetap: so i helped myself to some of the free beer and started wandering around and chatting to people.

2 hours flew by and before i knew it the place was packed, the BBQ was up and running, and 3 VFRs were uncovered and 1 Fury.
London being London, most people were more interested in the VFRs, with only a few curiously looking at the Fury chopper.

I have to say, i wasn't too impressed with the Fury. It's big... sure... but to be honest, i prefer the look of my 900 Custom. And the pricetag was off-putting too. £12,000 !
£12,000 ?
I could buy a 900 Custom & an LT and put exhausts and airkits on both of them for that price!!

It was quite comfy and i liked the general look of it, but was disappointed that it was a shaft drive. the gas tank was tiny, the bars were a bit of a stretch, but i liked what Honda had tried to do.

Anyway, the VFRs got all the attention, and i imagine the 2 scantilly clad pit girls were probably distracting a few *cough* me *cough* from the actual bike itself.

Riding position is very comfy. I bet you could rack up some serious miles on this beast!
The panniers look to be a good size too, and they clip onto mounting points on the bike already, so no need for brackets. The screen was quite low, and looked like it would be tough to fit a taller one due to how the front end is contructed. This brings me to the front of the bike... i thought it was quite FUGLY. Not the most attractive of designs, but definitely an 'eye-catcher' :lol:
The tank is quite high, so may cause problems if you wanna stick a decent sized tankbag on it too...

Umm, they said they weren't going to start it, so they didn't.
But as i hung around chatting to people and ended up being the last 'customer' there, they were moving the bikes around, and the guy did start it up.
WOW
What a note!! It sounds sweet as!
I picked up a card, and am gonna call them this afternoon to book a testride for next week.
Sadly they're not doing test-rides on the Fury, but i suppose i'm not really too upset about that, although it would be interesting to see how it feels on the road

Here's all the photos i took, and i'll add a few select pics below

VFR Preview Party pictures

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
We have a bike show here this weekend so I'll check'm out. So, did you actually look at the bikes or chase the ladies around all day :biggrin:

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Great review Steve.

Can you send me the brunettes phone number please, she is HOT!

Oh ya the new VFR looks pretty good to.

Thanks for the post & pics.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, i thought you'd like the brunette Marty ;)

They were both great fun to chat to, sadly i didn't get any phone numbers, although i should have asked :oops:

I did look at the bikes, but when most of the people left, it was just the staff, a few customers, and the models, so i got chatting to the models :biggrin:
was a great night, i drank alot of beer, and it didn't cost me a penny!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts