Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Proud Hokie!!
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my 2007 900 classic. I shared it on previous threads...but a quick summary -
- Titanium color
- 17" Memphis Fatts windshield
- National Cycle QD Cruiseliner Hard Bags

I must admit, I like the look of the Kawi windshield on the LT model - so I wondered if I could badge the Memphis Fatts similarly. I ordered some Vulcan Classic badges from eBay, but when they arrived, they were pre-curved to fit a tank (I think). After a bit of research - I decided that the safest way to re-curve the badge to fit the windshield was to use boiling water. After a few tries...I got it right. Here's the result:

I had to use a bit of heavy duty double stick tape to make the badge nice and secure...but the results were great, and like all other badges, it can be removed in the future if my tastes change.

So...since I have another badge left over...I thought I'd offer it up here on the board. While I've never participated in a Kawi Karma in the past, I thought that perhaps someone might have a use for this spare badge. While I know this only has a value of about 10 bucks...mom always said it's the thought that counts! So...if there's any interest...let the games begin. Since this is a 'mini' Kawi Karma - we'll end it Sunday Night - 9 PM Eastern.

Any takers?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am really liking the way that looks.. I have two of the very same badges and just yesterday ordered my Memphis shades windshield.. I am going to have to try this mod once its in..

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
I see we have similar tastes in toys. I spy a red MG behind your 07 Titainum Silver Classic. See any similarities?

2007 Titainum Silver Classic, 1979 MG midget:mrgreen: Is that a midget or a B in the garage?

Keith

·
Proud Hokie!!
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL Keith!! NOW I know what Fogelberg was talking about with his album titled...
Twin Sons Of Different Mothers

Very similar tastes! My MG is a '77 B.

Desmogged and returned to twin SU carbs. I've looked at the front fender guard and considered it. Do you like it and is the fit good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts