Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tire is really "cupped" or "feathered". I always make sure that the tires are inflated propperly, so I was just wondering if somethig else might be out of whack on my bike or if this is kinda normal. When I got my bike (with 750 miles on it) the tires were low on pressure, and the front was already feathered. I guess it is possible that it just never smoothed out if the previous owner rode it with low pressure. I'm still on my original front tire. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
what brand ? i know EVERY 207 dunlop ive seen is feathered. never had a problem with handling on all the bikes ive had 207's on. PLUS we are dealing with ALOT of heat here in az. and that takes a tool.
not much you can do other than keep the pressure up or replace it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Dunlop 204. Old tire cause my bike is a 2001 that didn't get put together and sold til the summer of 2003. It handles fine. No cracks, looks good other than the wear. It is kinda noisy though.. Sounds kinda like a BFG MT. :D I'm probably a few hundred miles away from replacing it and before I do I just wanted to make sure something wasn't out of alignment, although I don't know what would be. Just thought it was wierd to have a feathered front tire on a bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts