Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my little project....new fender and license plate bracket w/ 55 Chevy taillight went on tonight. Workin on the seat pan this weekend. Little by little it's gettin done. 18" apes are next! Any feedback is appreciated...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Still got suspension. I'm not a small guy, so the fender looks even tighter to the rim when I'm sittin on it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have my bike at fab shop to be hardtailed but im thinking about going and getting it in the morning 400-600 seems like a lot to make one a rigid.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of hardtailing it, but that's too much project right before riding season. Maybe over the winter if I don't pick up a SuckerPunch Sally rolling chassis I'm lookin at...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went with a standard run of the mill fender from Custom Chrome I think. It was drop shipped from there. I think you need +10" or +12" cables with 18's. I'm gonna run a 2" riser for a total of 20". Do a search on the forum for apes, I know one of the posts had the correct length you need.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Man I love that rear fender. Your bike is looking good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah looking good man, I usually don't go for the larger fenders but that one manages to still look pretty mean, Good luck with everything, keep the pics coming. I'm waiting on my pipes and lowering kit, my first mods. Gotta work my way up to the rest of you veterans in the game. Anyways, looks good man.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just thought I'd update a little....

I'm pickin up some taillights this week (I guess the local Chicago cops think my bike is TOO loud and NEEDS turn signals lol), and I'm busy workin on the seat pan. Instead of building a fiberglass one, I pulled the leather and foam from the stock seat, and I'm using that as a base (modified obviously) for the new one. I cut the back portion off, and I'm workin on shapin the front of the pan to make it flush with the tank instead of sitting on top of it.

Still figurin out a few wiring problems, but once that's done, the fender's going in for paint, the 18"apes are getting ordered and powdercoated along w/ the exhaust, and I'll be good...till next year. Lol

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Man I am looking foward to the updated pics. That fender is bad a$$. It does need a biger tire though. Are you changing the exhaust? the set you have in the pics look good. Anyway, keep us updated, we like it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts