Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I would update those that have been asking....
My bike is getting picked up from the dealership this Saturday, but not fixed :icon_frow

They felt confident by the sound and location that the problem was in the cam. They ordered all kinds of new parts for that area, including cam bearrings, a sprocket and not sure what else yet. After waiting almost a month, they finally got everything in and got my motor torn apart. Once they replaced everything and put it back together, the noise was STILL there!!! :cry: Now they think it is in the transmission.

The service guy was very up front and honest with us. He said his transmission guy has never worked on a 900 transmission yet, and we would be his first. If we didn't feel confident, he recommended Manassas Kawasaki and said they have a real good transmission mechanic. He did say he will fill us in more on the bike when we get there to pick it up.

So, we will be picking up my bike and transporting it to the Kawasaki in Manassas. Chaz already called them and they said bring it on over and they'll take a look at it :biggrin:

I must say, I am STILL impressed with these people!!!!!! The service guy told Chaz everything honestly (like when they didn't have a bench empty and we had to wait for that after the parts arrived) and was always very friendly on the phone. We appreciate that the service guy gave us his 50/50 chance of fixing our transmission with his mechanic and gave us another option.

So....my bike did get all new cam parts!!!!! Now it's on to the transmission!!! By the time they are done, I'll have a brand new motor and transmission again!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Geez Cheri, I'm not sure if that sucks or not. I mean, it's good that you got all new parts, but it sucks that it didn't solve the problem. In the end, you'll have a whole new powertrain, though.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update. At least they sent you somewhere that could fix it.
Yes, I am very happy about that. Also, the temps around here have been in the 30's and 40's, so it's not like I would be riding it right now anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Wow, that kind of sucks, but at least theuy are treating you good. Remember to take it easy on the new cam & parts when you ride it again. Break 'er in easy.

good luck with the tranny guy!

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Yes, I am very happy about that. Also, the temps around here have been in the 30's and 40's, so it's not like I would be riding it right now anyway. ;)
Still sucks not to have it in the garage... :redface:

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geez Cheri, I'm not sure if that sucks or not. I mean, it's good that you got all new parts, but it sucks that it didn't solve the problem. In the end, you'll have a whole new powertrain, though.
I'll tell you what....THANK GOD FOR WARRANTIES!!!!!!
In fact, my factory warranty ends in April. After this experience, and knowing I own a first model year bike (2006), I am getting the extended warranty!!!

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I'll tell you what....THANK GOD FOR WARRANTIES!!!!!!
In fact, my factory warranty ends in April. After this experience, and knowing I own a first model year bike (2006), I am getting the extended warranty!!!
read the fine print - it's more of a service contract than a true warranty. That said, I bought it with the bike and am covered until 2011.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, that kind of sucks, but at least theuy are treating you good. Remember to take it easy on the new cam & parts when you ride it again. Break 'er in easy.

good luck with the tranny guy!
Funny, Chaz was just telling me that too. He said with the parts they replaced, I have to start over breaking it in again....so that must be right, huh?! :|

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still sucks not to have it in the garage... :redface:
You know it!!!! At least I'll get to see my bike when we pick it up and put it on the trailer. I almost forgot what it looks like after a month :frown: Chaz keeps teasing me bringing his Nad out of the garage and firing it up!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Why wouldn't you be riding in 30-40 temps? Sounds purty nice to me. It did get up in the upper 40's-50 today and I did ride over to the dealership where they checked to make sure they ordered the right windshield for my LT. They warranteed my crack so I'll have a new one in a couple weeks. At least I KNOW where that problem is.

Nothing like getting an all new bike when they're done with ya. Makes you wish there was a leak in the tank and radiator, you could just pull the seat off and drive a new bike underneath, maybe a 1600?

Hope they get it back to you quicker than the motor guys could.

Oh, at my shop I got to meet the NEW kid 'mechanic'. That punk is just outta vo-tech and grinning all the time. 'You mean, I get to work on motorcycles and take em on test drives?'

Dang, to be young.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Bummer. Glad to hear about a good shop. Not many would steer you to another one.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts