Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:
* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I had a chance to check this out today & one thing I experienced was the lettering on the top part of the page before I signed in was so tiny I could not read it. Since I knew where the sign in box was I clicked on it & it got big & I got signed in and then it all got to a nicely readable size. Thanks for doing this, I do have the app but sometimes it is nice to go there from my browser.

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
Hello,

The sign in option should be relatively large. Does your mobile screen look like mine?

~Km, community support
nope, it looks kind of like the page does when viewed on a pc except everything is small because its a large page reduced down to smart phone size.
I'm not a "mobile app" kinda guy but just to see I tried the "new and improved" version of the mobile phone view. The part about
If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically.
doesn't work fro me either. I get the same as Ole Yeller: same page and view on my phone as I do on my laptop only much, much smaller.

I'm using a Droid Ultra, Android version 4.4, Firefox 36.0 mobile app.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm not a "mobile app" kinda guy but just to see I tried the "new and improved" version of the mobile phone view. The part about doesn't work fro me either. I get the same as Ole Yeller: same page and view on my phone as I do on my laptop only much, much smaller.

I'm using a Droid Ultra, Android version 4.4, Firefox 36.0 mobile app.
I am using a Firefox mobile on android 4.0 something too.

·
Administrator
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This seems to be a Firefox issue. I've sent an inquiry to the mobile team to see if the mobile view is supposed to be compatible with firefox or not.

In the meantime, can you try viewing the forum with Chrome and see if that works?

~KM

·
Registered
643 Posts
I tried it again today with my Firefox mobile browser & it was worse than before.
Whereas the first time everything was very small until I signed in and then became OK.
Today it had remembered me so I was signed in and the page was very small until I clicked on
something and then the page contents became way way too big. I had just downloaded a firefox update so I guess that its a work in progress.

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
Just 'cause you did it, I had to too. Doesn't work with FireFox. Works with Chrome. But it's all good, as I said before I won't use my phone for this.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I am going to contact Mozilla & draw their attention to it.
There is another motorcycle site that I frequent and it acts the same.
I think both use the same V-bulletin thing so that may be the key.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts