Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 2006 636 this Sunday. It is completely stock. Would appreciate any recommendations on what I should do to it cosmetically or performance wise. Brands would be great, too. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well you know, there's always putting a different exhaust on it and then a PCIII, but imo the best thing I put on my 05' zx6r was a zero gravity double bubble windshield. It really helped with wind protection and it let me see the gauge cluster better (I'm pretty tall so the stock windshield obscured the cluster).

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
depends what kind of riding you plan to do.

(performance) could consider an aftermarket end-can to make the bike a little louder and get rid of the (usually) ugly stock exhaust
(performance) performance air filter
(performance) Power Commander and custom dyno map
(performance) Stompgrip tank pads help you grip the tank better with your knees
(performance) Braided brake cables

(protection) Full crash bobbins, fairing protectors, swingarm & fork protectors, bar end protectors

(performance and aesthetics) doublebubble screen
(performance and aesthetics) aftermarket adjustable race brake & clutch levers
(performance and aesthetics) aftermarket adjustable rearsets to improve foot position

(purely aesthetic) maybe a tail-tidy to clean up the rear end and licence plate bracket.
(purely aesthetic) smaller LED indicators
(purely aesthetic) passenger seat cowl

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Ride it, get to know her and how she rides...... and everything about her before you dump a ton of money into aftermarket parts. You may find yourself completely satisfied with certain aspects of her, the way she is now. And if you do decide to make upgrades after you've spent some time "getting to know her", then you will be able to make a good before/after comparison to see if the upgrades were worth it, or not.

Have fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with that trikebubble guy, ride it first see how you like it and go from there. Out the gate i'd personally get an exhaust, slip-on would do just fine, if you have the money for a full system go for it. upgraded exhaust will allow you to be heard more, possibly HID's installed, brighter day and night time riding another safety upgrade to you can be seen more clearly. Other then that, see how well you like everything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts