Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The older Z1's,Kz900's,Kz1000's,Kz1100's and the GPz's with the mechanical ignition advancer can use the GM electronic modules to replace the pricey factory IC Igniter.

The following website has information on how to mount and wire them up:
General Motors HEI Ignition Module For GPZ550

I've done some research on cross indexing the manufacturers part numbers:

For those rider's using the 4 pin GM module ignition, I have researched some cross index numbers from the different manufacturers:

AC DELCO -----------------------DM 1906 or D1906

WELLS ---------------------------DR 100

ACCEL ---------------------------ACC 35361/ACC 35367

PERTRONIX ---------------------D2000

CAR QUEST ---------------------21040

NAPA ECHLIN ------------------ECH TP45

NIEHOFF ----------------------- DR 400

BORG WARNER ----------------Select CBE4/CBE22

GM-------------------------------10482820

Mallory--------------------------607

Jegs-----------------------------555-40600

Moroso--------------------------97857

I don't know if you can get this contact cleaner/preservative here, but it's what I use on all my electrical contacts.

caig.com - Home of DeoxIT - CAIG Laboratories, Inc. is the website and is carried in the Radio Shack stores in the U.S. and most any other electronic supply places.

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
Dude, if you worked on "Supersonic Voting Booths" You'd NEED to be an electrical genius. As was the COMEDIAN who put the DG in the back seater's pedestal. Sweet. I'm glad they're all gate guards. I hated wrenching them.

The HEI modules are a good workaround. My CB is going to get Cadavalier coils. :)

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just passing on info from the Wizard "Loudhvx" from KZrider.com - Home He designed this circuit and has used it on a Kawasaki 550 for many years with no problem.

As for the aircaft, I worked on F-105's (B,D,&F's) F-106(A&B),A-37B's,UH-1N's F-4 (C,D,&E's) In the weapons release shops during my eight years in the USAF(1966-1974).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.