Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cookie Monstress
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the habit of using my small local bike parts/ repair shop for everything I need. I find I get great service...fair prices (usually well below the best internet I can find)...and they give me the extra time to explain and do emergency service or WHATEVER I need. I need something fixed, they do it pronto. Need to return it?..no problem.....

I think patronizing a local shop (rather than a stealership) makes sense.... I no longer 'price shop' to the absolute lowest price on the web .... I buy local...

opinions?

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
My post on your other thread about the memphis product was at a dealership that I had alot of experience with. Sometimes loyalty doesn't pay. Many buisnesses realise that when you are gone someone else will walk in.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There's a shop (service & accessories only) that opened near my house, but at the moment I'm a little too paranoid to have them doing things like valve adjustments, etc. I think they work on everything, but seem to specialize in Harleys. Critical items like that I'd prefer to have a Kawasaki tech do. But for tire changes and other generic repairs, I'm happy to use the independent shop. I also buy my Amsoil there.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I'm with you. Though I tend to buy my parts on-line and pay the local guy to install or repair the things I either can't, or are afraid to do myself. He's ok with that. And like you said, he will get right on things for me, even come in a pick up for no charge if he has to. One time he and his brother rode out to my job and installed a new shifter for me. It had somehow fallen off on the ride in. Which was scary when I realized it, taking an exit in 5th.

Same with food (surprise). I would rather eat at a "Mom and Pops" than a national chain, especially when it comes to my beloved pizza.

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
i guess i am lucky. my local guy is the dealership. they will bend over backwards for their customers, especialy if purchased from them.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Same here. My dealer was decent, but they went under. There are a few independents around but all seem to be HD only.

I do essentially everything myself anyways......

·
Cookie Monstress
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I perceive I should clarify my earlier comments. I do believe it is possible for the dealership to treat you right like my local shop does. I think it is rare...:)...but probably does happen...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts