Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine installed some V&H Cruzers on his 2003 800A. They sound great, but during installation he had to grind on one of the head pipes to make it fit correctly. I think it was on the front pipe. Has anyone else had this problem or is this an isolated incident? The pipes sound great and I want to put some on my bike, but not if I have to do anything more than bolt them on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
My V&H Straight shots fit perfectly, If you get them you should have the carb tuned / jet kit as well. You probably already knew that tho.. haha

Great choice in bikes by the way !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,200 Posts
BRlawman said:
A friend of mine installed some V&H Cruzers on his 2003 800A. They sound great, but during installation he had to grind on one of the head pipes to make it fit correctly. I think it was on the front pipe. Has anyone else had this problem or is this an isolated incident? The pipes sound great and I want to put some on my bike, but not if I have to do anything more than bolt them on.
I didn't have aproblem but a few others have. It's not the pipe it's the flange that holds the pipe to the heads. I'm also pretty sure it's the rear flange. Don't know what the problem is or why they haven't fixed it from the factory. If you like the cruizers, don't let a possible 5 min. grinding job with a dremel or grinder stop you.You may or may not have a problem.Then again it might be the bike. It's hard for me to believe that all the flanges are different sizes. But it is also hard to believe that the 800 heads would be different .So who knows? Well how did you like the sound? Alot of folks think the cruizers sound the best on the 800.
 

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
Joined
·
37,387 Posts
I'm looking forward to hear woodys 800 in July with them cruizers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woodchucks800 said:
I didn't have aproblem but a few others have. It's not the pipe it's the flange that holds the pipe to the heads. I'm also pretty sure it's the rear flange. Don't know what the problem is or why they haven't fixed it from the factory. If you like the cruizers, don't let a possible 5 min. grinding job with a dremel or grinder stop you.You may or may not have a problem.Then again it might be the bike. It's hard for me to believe that all the flanges are different sizes. But it is also hard to believe that the 800 heads would be different .So who knows? Well how did you like the sound? Alot of folks think the cruizers sound the best on the 800.
Woodchucks, the sound from those Cruzers was pure music. Deep throaty sound, but not obnoxious. I will probably put some on mine in a couple of months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Glad to hear about the cruzers. For me, the games have begun. Yesterday ordered a Thunder air kit (teardrop style) and jet kit, tomorrow will order Corbin gunfighter, V&H Cruzers. How 'bout a big YEEHAA cowboys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
800AJAY said:
Glad to hear about the cruzers. For me, the games have begun. Yesterday ordered a Thunder air kit (teardrop style) and jet kit, tomorrow will order Corbin gunfighter, V&H Cruzers. How 'bout a big YEEHAA cowboys?
Sounds like you are well on your way to some great improvements. Let me know how everything works out and send some pics when u can. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,200 Posts
800AJAY said:
Glad to hear about the cruzers. For me, the games have begun. Yesterday ordered a Thunder air kit (teardrop style) and jet kit, tomorrow will order Corbin gunfighter, V&H Cruzers. How 'bout a big YEEHAA cowboys?
AJ I knew you couldn't make it all winter with out spending some money.<LOL>Wait till you do the mods , You won't believe the difference. You still might want to get a 50 primary for when you rejet. I don't think any of the jet kits for the 800 have one in it. When you put the 50 primary in you will notice how easy the bike will fire up without the choke. Most times I don't even need the choke when starting it cold. Enjoy AJ ...Don't forget to remove the epa cr*ap when you got the tank an carb off.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top