Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my V&H cruzers for my 800 classic last night. It was a 2 beer job to put them on. :)

All I can say about them is WoW. I had my baffles removed from the stock exhaust, but this is a world of difference. The sound is so much better. They were definately worth the wait.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
They do sound good don't they. :) I've had mine on since about a month after I got the bike. Sure wouldn't want to put the stocker's back on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Wood,

Yea, sweat is the right word. Now I have some pipes with cutout baffles if anyone wants them. All the hard work is done..lol

Next on the list is the grampsize. I'll do that as soon as I get my filter.

LJ

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
How much you want for the debaffled stock pipes?

bluestringer

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm interested in buying your old stock pipe to replace my old-rusty-stupid-loud Cobra pipe.
What're you asking for it ?
BTW Hi Woodchucks ! Are you still wanna to sell me your old pipes? If so please give me a number I could afford it LOL ! Thanx

·
Registered
524 Posts
The Cruziers are great pipes,I'am very happy wth them.Question though is ant one running them without the baffels??If so how much louder are they and how do they sound?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Vina I've been busy this winter. I still plan on shipping them to you when I get a chance to box them up. I'll let you know how much they cost to ship. I'm sure I still got your address . If I can't find it I'll pm you an get it again.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Mangler, I took mine out for about an hour. D*a*m*n there loud :) they do sound good though. It'll get the neighbors looking,that's for sure. The only thing I did notice with the baffels removed was that the bike wasn't quite as fast. From what I've read about unrestricted pipe's is that you'll lose some if not all your back pressure, which leads to losing some of your torque. Try it just remove a couple of screws an pull. putting them back in is a little trickier (getting the hole's in the baffels to line up with the holes in the pipe's.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
The only thing I did notice with the baffels removed was that the bike wasn't quite as fast. From what I've read about unrestricted pipe's is that you'll lose some if not all your back pressure, which leads to losing some of your torque.
Agreed! I did try to install a pair of cheap slant tail pipes purchased from an local auto parts store ($15 Can. / pair) into my old Cobra pipes hoping that will reduce the noise level. It does cut down the noise about 20% and deepening the tone a little. What surprised me was I noticed a significant increasing in engine power in 3,4 and 5th gears. I guessed the 45 degree slant tail pipes gave some back pressure to my straight-shot pipes...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Woodchuck!
As always I appreciate your advices and generosity !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts