Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
JayDeeDownUnder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ...

I have 07 Vulcan 900 custom with V&H Slash Cut Staggered pipes on it. I was thinking of debaffling them. Has anyone done this before .? ANy idea how it will sound.? I find it to quiet now and want some extra rumble. is it hard to do .?

Will doing this give me performance issues .??

Cheers in advance
JD

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
..With the BAK and debaffled V&H I am assuming you are going to incorporate a fuel mngmt mod also?.. also, got any right side pics of yer bike? Thx matey

·
Registered
299 Posts
I took the baffles out and cut the nipple out of the front part of the baffle,giving the exhaust a strait shot threw the baffle sounded a lot better.all so tried it with no baffles way to loud.in my opinion.

·
JayDeeDownUnder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm I might try doing the same ... was it noticeably louder with it cut .?? how hard is it to take the baffles out as well .??

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Hmmm I might try doing the same ... was it noticeably louder with it cut .?? how hard is it to take the baffles out as well .??
Slightly different here - slightly the same so I'll chime in.

The quiet baffles on my 1600 with V and H pipes has a plug welded at the end. I drilled three large holes in the metal plate. Certainly makes a difference. Keeps the throatiness of the "quiet" baffle but opens up the sound and pop more. It is still a bit quieter at idle than a straight open baffle.

Yes - noticeably louder. I would drill holes before cutting off. You might find a sweet spot there.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I took the baffles out on mine and it was just too much to handle. Even my riding buds did not want to be on my right side. My ears hurt after a 45 minute ride so as soon as I got back I cut the tips of the baffle and now it sounds just perfect. Some still say its loud and it is but not as crazy loud as when no baffles at all. Plus in my opinion the sound is always untuned when no baffles.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I pulled the baffles out of mine, and it sounds REALLY nice at idle, but not good at running speed. I was just thinking on my ride home tonight about pulling the baffle and chopping the nipple off. I guess worst case, if I don't like it, I can just have the tips welded back on.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I think you will like the sound much better mittens01.
It's supposed to be crazy windy here today, so I wasn't planning on riding this afternoon. I guess I know what I'll be doing now! :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
I pulled the baffles out of mine once, yes it was crazy loud, but it also killed some bottom end torque, I drilled and helped both problems.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I think you will like the sound much better mittens01.
It's supposed to be crazy windy here today, so I wasn't planning on riding this afternoon. I guess I know what I'll be doing now!
I have been thinking about doing that since I bought the pipes. That sounds absolutely nasty! I eff'n love it!!!!! It sounds exactly the way I wanted it to sound, and I only took it for a short trip up the street, but it feels like it freed it up quite a bit too.

Thanks for the suggestion Sparks :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts