Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like some of the more experienced 1600 Classic owners to let me in on their experience. I just cracked 1100 miles on my 2003 which I bought new about 2 months ago.

I seems like I am feeling more of the vtwin throb than ever before and that it vibrates more across the power range. Is this a normal stage of the overall break in process? Is it typical? Could something be out of whack or adjustment? Most of the time when I ask questions like this, the bike turns out to be right on track, but my imagination starts working on me.

Also has anyone else tried the break away throttle cruise control? I have one and am having a heck of time installing it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
good vibrations

Mine did this also, at about the same mileage, I turned the idle up just a bit and it seemed to take alot of that away on the low end. I think that vibes come with a big V twin regardless, but the idle thing helped me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

prolly normal - mines vibes also - i like it :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does feel very V twinish. And if its normal...I like it too.

Haven't heard from anyone that has tried the Breakaway Cruse Control. Anyone out there?

I like the idea, but I have failed at two attempts to get it on right. It seems very sensitive to final adjustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts