Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed on my V1600 Classic that the front turn signals act as running lights and turn signals. The rear only turn signals. Is there any reasons for this? Perhaps there is something wrong with mine and they should be working as running lights like the front?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Running lights

Thats normal, Owned mine for a year before I noticed that,after looking at others models
I found that the majority of bikes are setup this way.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
The turn signals can be turned into turn, brake and running lights through a kit from www.electricalconnection. I used this setup on on previous bike (vn7500 with a Signal Dynamics BackOff module and Quad led license plate frame, I had the dealer, (they did a great job), do the wiring, due for service anyway, but from posts of cruisercustomizing; it's about a 3 hour or so job for the turn signals. I plan on doing the same set up for new Meanie. It is kind of ridiculous that they don't come from the factory this way, at least as an option. It reallys lights up the back and I noticed people being much more careful coming up behind me at a stop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent. Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if mine was broken, but your right they should come that way from the factory. It would be really easy for them to do.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Your welcome. I ordered all the equipment from www.cruisercustomizing.com, which is a great site with product reviews. reviews I've got some pics which show everything on my old 750 which I'll find and get posted later tonight.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

really pi$$es me off the factory don't see that :lol:

took them forever to discover self cancelling turn signals and they still don't put them on the 800's :roll:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Here are some pics from my previous Vulcan 750 with the driving lights, and the rear lights wired for turn, brake and running which is the order sequence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts