Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've driven my V2000 all summer without a factory tach and I realize that a torque-monster like this doesn't require constant RPM info, but I still wish that I could monitor it occasionally. Does anyone know of a horizontal bar-graph style LCD tach that I could use on this bike? I figure this style fits the design of the bike the best while being unobtrusive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
petegtsv10 said:
I've driven my V2000 all summer without a factory tach and I realize that a torque-monster like this doesn't require constant RPM info, but I still wish that I could monitor it occasionally. Does anyone know of a horizontal bar-graph style LCD tach that I could use on this bike? I figure this style fits the design of the bike the best while being unobtrusive.
My God, you have one of those BEASTS? I just got a new bike (Vulcan 800 A model, 28 years since I last rode), OMG, it is great, guess with some luck I'll be upgrading in the not too distant future, thanks in advance, Doc. :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tach Kit for the V2000

Hello I noticed that you are in the Market for a Tach kit for your V2000. A company that I work for is almost ready to release this kit. I understand that you are looking for a LCD style kit, but unfortunatley our kit is not LCD, but it does come with either a Autometer or Drag Specialties tach that is encased in a show quality Chrome setup! Our Kit looks like an old muscle car setup. What I mean by this is that, remember on the old muscle cars where the Tach is located on the hood in front of the winshield? Well that is how our Tach looks. It is located on the Headlight, and it mounts in front of the factory windshield, and it has a bullet stlye tach cup!! As soon as we get everything back from chrome and take pictures we will be selling this online on E-bay and through our respective dealers! Please contact us if you would like any more information about this new exciting product from Cyclecraft.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tach from Cyclecraft Finished

Hello V2000 riders, I just wanted to pop in and tell you that the long awaited Tachometer for the V2000 is done! We are offering it in two versions, 1- Drag Specialties Tach all Chrome sells for $349.00, 2- Autometer Tach all Chrome sells for $459.00. It will be ready for sale in one to two weeks, for the fact that we are finalizing and revizing the package and instructions. I will try to attach a couple of pictures of the "prototype" on a customers bike so that you may get an idea of what it looks like. If anyone is interested, e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at (559)622-0939! We would really appreciate any feedback on this item, please let us know!! We are also looking for anyone who owns a V2000 that lives in or around the Central Valley (Fresno CA, Visalia CA, ect). We would like to have a V2000 owner that lives in the Central Valley to drop by our shop so that we could take some pictures of our Component on your bike so that we can post these pictures on our website!

·
Registered
11 Posts
New pictures of Tach available tomorrow

Hey guys, Roller here from Cyclecraft. Just to let everyone know that we were able to get over to the local Kawasaki dealership today, and install our Tachometer kits on a couple of VN2000's! We took a bunch of pictures of the kits on bikes with and without windshields, so it should appeal to both bikes with or without windshields! The pictures will be available as of tomorrow for your viewing pleasure!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice looking mod cyclecraft but geez, it's a forum not your personal ad space. Ease up on the high-pressure sell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What are you doing with your VN2000 for the winter?

So what is everyone doing with there VN2000 over the winter? Customizing it? Polishing it? Getting things Chromed? Sound off here and let everyone know!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm having ghost flames painted on the front fender, tank, and side covers. I'm also getting the drive pulley chromed because I really see its silver finish as out of place with the rest of the VN2000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts