Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the OEM pads are sintered.
Has anyone tried the galfer pads and whats your opinion of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was under the impression that the HH designation on the OEM pads meant they were sintered. I bought EBC sintered pads last summer to replace my OEM pads that only had about 8K miles on them. I did it because I love good brakes (my car has 20 brake pads and 20 pistons, OEM!). Anyway, the difference was incredible. Initial bite was much better and overall feel was improved, in my opinion. You can actually hear them grab as soon as rotor contact is made. I did this along with steel lines and now I have real brakes like it should have had from the factory!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks petegtsv10, did you find the HH designation on the pads themselves, or in a piece of documentation. I haven't taken anything apart yet, just getting prepared.
I have 26000 k on the OEM pads.

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the OEM pads are sintered.
Has anyone tried the galfer pads and whats your opinion of them?

Thanks
Ok, I need a quick lesson. This is all new to me...Sintered???

Splain it to me Lucy....Please..:smile:

·
Registered
570 Posts
HH appears on the back of both the OEM pads and the EBC pads. I specified HH sintered when I ordered the EBC pads.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I need a quick lesson. This is all new to me...Sintered???

Splain it to me Lucy....Please..:smile:
Sintered means the pads have metal in them, there are sintered and organic pads. I sometimes is not a good thing to replace organic with sintered as sintered can cause excessive wear on the rotor if the rotor is made of a soft metal, I think the V2K rotors are made of stainless steel which make them quite hard, sintered pads can also cause the brakes to squeal. I hope this helped I am half asleep and not even sure it makes sense. :)

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Sintered means the pads have metal in them, there are sintered and organic pads. I sometimes is not a good thing to replace organic with sintered as sintered can cause excessive wear on the rotor if the rotor is made of a soft metal, I think the V2K rotors are made of stainless steel which make them quite hard, sintered pads can also cause the brakes to squeal. I hope this helped I am half asleep and not even sure it makes sense. :)
Well I've heard of Metallic Pads for cars, so I guess this is the same thing.
If they don't squeal, and the Rotor isn't a soft metal, then this sounds like a good idea. Any help in the braking dept. is ALWAYS a good thing.

Thanks for the explanation.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Went SS lines on the front. Have to have the rear line custom made. Has anyone found a factory mfr'd SS line for the V2K LT rear??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts