Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to put on Hard Krome Stripper exhaust only the exhaust on a 2006 vulcan 2000 classic.My ? is who has done without any fuel managment upgrades.I have stock air cleaner on dont plane on changing.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,391 Posts
just pipes you'll be ok. those pipes were installed on my bike by the dealership prior to my purchasing the bike. if you modify the airbox, you would need to add a fuel processor (or rejet if the bike is carb'd).

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
We've done several V2K exhaust only upgrades without fuel processors and haven't had a single issue with any of them. You'll be just fine, better than fine actually once you hear that roar, you'll love it.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I added a fuel processor after installing my Powershots but before the hypercharger-- it made a difference at idle and it reduced popping, but it didn't have any more power. After adding the hypercharger and tweaking then it had noticeably more power. So I agree with the "no fuel processor needed" camp if just changing the exhaust.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
My bike pinged like crazy in hot weather when I just did the pipes. I had to add the PCIII to get it to run correctly. However, from what I understand, most people have not experienced this issue.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got home started looking here .Thank you to all that replied.Very very helpful.Another question should I let the computer adjust it self before I doing sweet music with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.