Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

My painter called yesterday and said he was sending some pics of the finished tank. He's a real perfectionist so he painted the black first, about 3/4" in from where he was going to separate the two colors and then sanded the edge so there wouldn't be much of an raised 'lip'. From the look of the pics, I'm pretty happy.

Guess I'll pick it up this weekend so I can get started. I have my shop all set up to do the airbrushing and have all my materials. Since he's moving a bit slow, better just make the extra trip to pick it up. Thought I'd pass along a couple pics.

Copper and black pearl.

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
Thought I'd pass along a couple pics.

Copper and black pearl.

And here I thought I'd miss the Glacier Blue. Can't wait to see it in person. 6-days and counting till tank pick up.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Looking good IG love the copper and it goes so well with the black...

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts
Very nice. I really liked the blue. I showed pics of your bike to allot of people. I was worried when you were changing the color. Thats just down right gorgeous. Good choice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome ! Can't wait to see the finished product 8)

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Whoooooooooooooooo....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...Love that color!

Can't wait to see more G.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looking Good, can't wait to see it all together in the sunlight

·
Registered
966 Posts
That looks Sweet ImpactG, I Love the colors, WOW!!!

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
That gonna look so sweet. Can't wait to see it finished!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Very nice!

Can't wait to see the airbrushing!

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
Well,

My painter called yesterday and said he was sending some pics of the finished tank. He's a real perfectionist so he painted the black first, about 3/4" in from where he was going to separate the two colors and then sanded the edge so there wouldn't be much of an raised 'lip'. From the look of the pics, I'm pretty happy.

Guess I'll pick it up this weekend so I can get started. I have my shop all set up to do the airbrushing and have all my materials. Since he's moving a bit slow, better just make the extra trip to pick it up. Thought I'd pass along a couple pics.

Copper and black pearl.

The paint looks great. It should match real well with the seat, tank and fender bibs that you already have.

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
I don't think he's using the tank and fender bibs, Are you G?

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
I believe G said he wouldn't be able to use the Bibs, since they would cover up the airbrushing he's going to do.

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
LordGT Quote:
I believe G said he wouldn't be able to use the Bibs, since they would cover up the airbrushing he's going to do.
You are correct. He won't be able to use the bibs anymore. I think he might try to sell them.

rabbit Very sharp Todd!!! What are ya goin to do for bags??
He's thinking the bags will still work with the new schema (they still match the Corbin seat). If not, he'll probably just repaint the bags.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey thanks for the encouragement!

I'm getting very anxious to get started on the airbrushing. From the pics, it's exactly what I was hoping for, so I take that as a good sign.

Right, Mike, won't be able to use the bibs. To answer John's question, I'll be using the same bags. I have a few pieces already painted a brown, hammered-metal. I tried to take the existing work I've done into consideration when choosing the paint, so that everything will still work together and I don't have to start from square one. I think the base colors and the primarily brown airbrushing will work well with the bags and seat.

I am also thinking of swapping out the pipes and will probably be lowering the bike 2". Here's the pipes I think I'd like to go with:

[URL="http://www.brittmotorsports.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=-72885&shopBy=-1252&catalogId=-331"]http://www.brittmotorsports.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=-72885&shopBy=-1252&catalogId=-331[/URL]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts