Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Washed and rode this weekend. Took a few pics and figured I'd share. I'm including a picture of where I mounted the ballast for the HID bulb.

How do I request more attachment space? Or can I do thumbnails on my own?

This one is pre-highway bar removal. (It is currently forsale if anyone's interested)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This bike never ceases to amaze me. I was hauling a** home to meet the wife on the tollway and I caught myself watchin the speedo. It is down right unreal how quickly this bike goes from 60 to 100 in 5th. I have no doubt that this bike would easily get to over 140.

This is my first V-Twin, I'm addicted to torque now.

Thanks Kawasaki......

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
This bike never ceases to amaze me. I was hauling a** home to meet the wife on the tollway and I caught myself watchin the speedo. It is down right unreal how quickly this bike goes from 60 to 100 in 5th. I have no doubt that this bike would easily get to over 140.

This is my first V-Twin, I'm addicted to torque now.

Thanks Kawasaki......
We love our V2K's :biggrin: I'm not so sure about the 140mph though. Since most of the speedo's are off by 10%, 140 mph indicated is really 126 mph.

I read somewhere that the top speed on the V2K is around 116 mph, which would be around 130 mph indicated on the speedo.

I've heard guys tell stories of their V2K hitting 150 mph indicated (135 mph), but I'm a skeptic, I'd have to see it and check it on my GPS...:lol:

I may get ballsy enough to hold her until she stops accelerating some day. I've only had mine up to 120 mph indicated (108 mph). But that will have to wait until the perfect time, good tires, check for loose nuts & bolts and a great solitary road with no traffic...:lol:

Nice looking bike by the way, I love those turn signals, I need to get those for my V2K, thanks for he pics. :smile:

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
A couple day ago, I got on it pretty hard. Ran up about 4K thru 5 gears then about two or three seconds in 5th about 3/4 throttle. I figuared, "that should sepparate me from the traffic" looked down and saw 120 on the speed-o. I don't need to do 120...EVER. but, she got there so quick. She only has about 3400 miles on her so I haven't opened her up much till then. Man, the cars I was trying to get out in front of where 1/4 mile back. Cruise 65 the rest of the way home. Love that V2K.

If torque where a drink...I'd be a drunk. ;-)
You got a beautiful machine. VERY clean!! Terrific photo work , too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys! Still waiting on forward controls...will post pics as soon as they get here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice bike, Landon!
Everytime I see a black&chrome V2K I get the urge to add one to the stable...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a choice between a silver one or this black one. For me, Black and chrome does it.

On the pipes.....does this bike have the best exhaust note on a metric you've ever heard?

Saying that I was pleased would be a huge under statement.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ive had my cobra pipes for 2.5 years now and they are holding up great. you will have to replace your end caps once or twice but it is under warranty. They are great sounding pipes and i like how they join the pipes together in the cross-over but you still think they are two sep pipes.. My cobra pipes have been better than i thought they were going to be.

chris

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Great looking picturs of a wicked ride, that's for sure.
Love the looks of those pipes too.
But why remove the crash bar? I know they look a little funky, but I've had the opportunity to drop my bike over and the crash bars saved it. Didn't even get a scratch on her.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't like what the bars did to the profile of the bike. That and I have some forward controls on order that won't fit unless the bar is gone. The crash bar was on the bike when I bought it. It was the owner of the dealerships bike, it had 300 miles on it, cobra pipes, Cobra tuner, blinker bezels and the backrest. It was a win win win win situation. Besides I knew that if I got a bike that I thought needed something else there was no way my wife would approve that purchase.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Love the V2K's!

Now we're coming into summer down here, I've removed the screen off the bike. Feels like a completely different bike.

Was :)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
But why remove the crash bar? I know they look a little funky, but I've had the opportunity to drop my bike over and the crash bars saved it. Didn't even get a scratch on her.[/QUOTE]

He is not kidding about the crash bars. The same happened to me too...

Nice bike !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts