Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steve
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy riding to everyone!!

Has anyone with a v2k replaced the drive belt with anything but the OEM ? The OEM belt is 500.00. I have found a 133t x 1 1/2" that will fit for only 180.00 ... Only problem, is one belt better then another? Is the v2k belt made any different then one for a Harley?

Has anyone found the OEM belt cheaper then 500.00? If so where ?

Steve

·
Registered
184 Posts
$180.00 for a drive belt? Not bad. Could you post a link for the web site or could you tell us where you found it? I'm interested in one also.
Thanks, chester

·
Certainly uncertain
146 Posts
Has anyone with a v2k replaced the drive belt with anything but the OEM
Just out of curiosity, are you replacing your belt? Or did you just find a really good deal? I would not think normal wear and tear would be an issue on an 07, unless you put 50K miles a year on it. Even then I thought these things lasted nigh on forever. Some other damage occur to it?

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
I tried a panther dayco belt. It was nice and soft and quiet but it kept stretching. After I went dark I was able to shred the teeth off it. I wouldn't try it (panther) again, but who knows, maybe I over tightened it to begin with.
Rear Drive Belts for Motorcycles

AFter that I went to S&S. Not a peep, not a problem. And only about 60 bucks more than the panther. Much less than OEM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts