Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.. thinkin about buyin an '08 V2K from a friend- correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that the last year they used pushrods on those bikes before going to the overhead cam? ...Any rider reviews from those who have ridden big cruisers of both types and your take on what differences u felt..? Other than that I dont think there has been any other changes to that bike for the 09's and 10's (other than color).. thx much

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Okay.. thinkin about buyin an '08 V2K from a friend- correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that the last year they used pushrods on those bikes before going to the overhead cam? ...Any rider reviews from those who have ridden big cruisers of both types and your take on what differences u felt..? Other than that I dont think there has been any other changes to that bike for the 09's and 10's (other than color).. thx much

The engines in all V2K's from 2004-present are the same. 2004 and early 2005 had some rear wheel bearing issues, later 2005-and up have a different design. 2004 had an issue with front pulley stripping out as well. Minor electronics changes along the way.....and different colors.

Otherwise------they are basically all the same.

Best bike out there, IMHO. Its noisy, sometimes the belts squeal, eats rear tires, oil is a PITA to change, and I have a sh1t eating grin every time I ride it.

I keep test riding other cruisers from several brands-----every one is lacking in one way or another compared to the 2000, IMHO.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Lattimer just curious, have you ever tried the Triumph Rocket?
I have only looked at it, haven't had a chance to throw a leg over it. I'm a little scared it will follow me home if I do-----and my wife will have me sleeping in the garage with it:biggrin:

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The engines in all V2K's from 2004-present are the same. 2004 and early 2005 had some rear wheel bearing issues, later 2005-and up have a different design. 2004 had an issue with front pulley stripping out as well. Minor electronics changes along the way.....and different colors.

Otherwise------they are basically all the same.

Best bike out there, IMHO. Its noisy, sometimes the belts squeal, eats rear tires, oil is a PITA to change, and I have a sh1t eating grin every time I ride it.

I keep test riding other cruisers from several brands-----every one is lacking in one way or another compared to the 2000, IMHO.
..Much obliged Latts..good info. This V2K is that solid siver color , I've always preffered black before but the silver on this V2K is freakin jammin.

·
Registered
50 Posts
++++++++++++1,000,000,000...... to what Lattimer said!! Esp on the Sh1t eatin Grin:biggrin: It never gets old. Are you looking at the LT or the Rouge? heck... Just Do It... ya know ya want it!!!!!

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
..Much obliged Latts..good info. This V2K is that solid siver color , I've always preffered black before but the silver on this V2K is freakin jammin.
I was never a big fan of silver until I bought this bike. It was a leftover---I had my choice between a black and silver with the bug eye and the silver classic. I really hate the bug eye, so I took this one. The price was too good to pass up, and they gave me decent $ on the Mean Streak I traded, so a color that I wasn't in love with wasn't a big deal.

The silver has really grown on me now to the point where I really like it.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
++++++++++++1,000,000,000...... to what Lattimer said!! Esp on the Sh1t eatin Grin:biggrin: It never gets old. Are you looking at the LT or the Rouge? heck... Just Do It... ya know ya want it!!!!!
--It's the silver classic!..I'm getting close bro.. It has real low mileage on it and he wants around 9,900 clams for it. I think I can get him to lower that some..

·
Registered
659 Posts
--It's the silver classic!..I'm getting close bro.. It has real low mileage on it and he wants around 9,900 clams for it. I think I can get him to lower that some..
I have an all silver V2K Classic 2006. Bought it as a leftover last summer.I freakin love it.Once you go big you will never go back.IMHO.:biggrin: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Let me tell you how much I hate mine.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Sorry, I can't.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well VeeRider.... with all this positive feedback, did you shell out those clams yet?????
I reckon it'll be soon-- sold my Honda Shadow and look'in for a Kawi to replace it. I'm leanin to either that '08 V2K or a '10 V1.7K.... decisions decisions. Both have some good 'gitty up' to 'em. But that '08 is so ****.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I reckon it'll be soon-- sold my Honda Shadow and look'in for a Kawi to replace it. I'm leanin to either that '08 V2K or a '10 V1.7K.... decisions decisions. Both have some good 'gitty up' to 'em. But that '08 is so ****.

The 1700 is a nice looking bike----but, have you compared the seating and leg position to the V2K? Kawi shortened up the seating room when they designed the 1700's. They are cramped compared to the V2K, and even the 1600's.

That may or may not suit you for comfort----so check it out first.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 1700 is a nice looking bike----but, have you compared the seating and leg position to the V2K? Kawi shortened up the seating room when they designed the 1700's. They are cramped compared to the V2K, and even the 1600's.

That may or may not suit you for comfort----so check it out first.

Yup that is exactly what I felt when I tested one last week. I am 6'1 and 220lbs and the 1.7 felt constricting, very compact. Plan on throw'in a leg over the 2K on Monday... somethin tells me I ain't gonna get that cramped feeling!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.