Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
im needing some help! ive just bought a 1999 bn125 eliminator a1. it was spares or repair.
i was told the wiring loom needed looked at. ive sorted that, got a spark and got the engines turning over but not starting.
i noticed the vacuum switch valve is missing( or maybe the british model didnt have one?) is it needed or is there a way to bypass the valve? could this be why the bike wont start?
there is a nipple on the back of the fuel tap, between the carb and engine and an opening for a hose on the airbox. in the manual it says the valve should be connected to these but only states austria, canada

thanks weeboaby

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
the nipple on the petcok sounds like the vacum port to open the petcock (vacumn operated diaphram inside) and the hole in the air box was where the vac. switch hose went... make sure all ports are plugged around carb intakes etc.... and make sure the reed covers in the valve cover are either connected to each other or plugged off.....
are you sure youre getting fuel to the carbs ? if that is a vac. petcock then it wont deliver fuel unless its ....
1. getting vacumn
2. on PRIME (PRI) setting on petcok

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for replying.
there is a petcock. i take it i need the valve:(
ill just need to order one - ebay :-D
the last owner must have removed it. i havent opened the carb yet im a bit of a novice
thanks again.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
no read again.. YOU DO NOT NEED THE vacumn switch..... you can get vacum from the carb intakes to run the petcock..... do a search and youll find pics of how these work and where to hook them up....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Seconded on the vacuum-switch, not needed to run right, and feeding the fuel-tap from the cylinder-head manifold spigot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi guys
connected the nipple between the block and carb on to the petcock. runs like a sweetie!!!!
cheers again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts