Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I Have To Remove My Rear Drive Shaft To Get To The Flywheel To Find Tdc To Adjust My Valves? This Is The First Mule I Have Ever Owned, Its An 2001 3010 4x4 620

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Do I Have To Remove My Rear Drive Shaft To Get To The Flywheel To Find Tdc To Adjust My Valves? This Is The First Mule I Have Ever Owned, Its An 2001 3010 4x4 620
isn't there a bolt on the front left side of the motor to remove to see the timing marks? You should also be able to remove a cover on that side to turn the crank with too. Have to remove the plugs to release compression to turn it. That's the way my bike is, but I don't own a mule personally, so take it for what it's worth, I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It Looks Like In The Manual They Want Me To Remove This Big Plastic Pice From The R/h Side Of The Motor To See The Fly Wheel, To Do This It Looks Like I Need To Take Of The Drive Shaft :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Remove filter cover from cvt can. Use 19mm socket with extension and turn bolt cc. find top dead center with thin blade screwdriver to adjust the valves. This is Harry B.'s procedure and it works well. Do a search and you'll find it.
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts