Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mule repaired, dealer said stale gas caused valve to bend push rod. and is not covered by warranty. I paid the dealer $780.00 to repair it. This unit did not have gas older than 4 weeks. This is a 2003 mule with less than 30 hours. I think I've been had by the dealer, now i'm dealing directly with Kawasaki. Is the dealers explaination possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
that is the stupidest explanation i have ever heard for a bent push rod, i am not a mule expert, i have only had my mule for a few months, but i do have alot of experience with engines of all sizes from chainsaws and lawnmowers up to heavy construction equipment, and i will tell you that there is no way that bad gas would bend a pushrod, its just not in the same area of problems, bad gas gums up carbs and fuel tanks, and i have seen it foul plugs in extremely unusual cases, but in this case i think your dealer is charging kawasaki and you for the repair possibly, i would definatly talk to kawasaki directly about this since i have never heard of bad gas as a cause of a bent pushrod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts