Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2005 800 Classic. I noticed last night while running the bike in preparation for her to come out of hibernation that there was a slight, and I mean slight amount of oil seeping in a couple of spots around the vc covers on both sides. This bike only has 1500 miles on it so it has done a LOT of sitting before I got it.
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their bikes.
It is such a small amount that I am suprised that I saw it, I just happened to be cleaning up some chrome when I came accross it.
I did check the vc cover bolts and they were snug.

·
Registered
887 Posts
8oo don't usally leak oil anywhere, but if it's been sitting the rubber gaskets may shrink a little, I'd drive it a while and keep a watch, once they get warm a few times it may stop, otherwise they may need replacing and you may as well do a valve cleance check and adjustment, it's supposed to be done every 6000 miles. The bolts are shoulder bolts so they only tighted on the gasket but so much, so don't over tighten or they may just break.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I kinda thought that it also may be from all the down time. Maybe she's weeping little oil tears cause I never take her anywhere.:mrgreen:
Guess I will just monitor to be sure that it doesn't get worse and deal with it at 6K when I do the valve check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts