Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell do you get the valve cover off of a 91 zx11. i got it loose from the engine but it seems that the frame is in the way from being able to lift it high enough to clear the cam chains and such. so thats my first question. is there a trick to getting that off? and my second question is, after being frustrated with the valve cover, i gave up so i tightened it back down well i cranked the bike up and now it leaks oil top left coner of the cover (if you were sitting on the bike) it leaks right onto the headers and i am afraid that is will catch fire from the intense heat the exhaust headers have. it smokes horribly from oil getting onto it. i tightened the screws tight but not too tight so not to strip them and then went back and tightened them as tight as i could get them and it still leaks. the gasket itself in still farely new and in great shape so i dont know what else to do other than replace it. any help?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
It will come off but takes some jiggling around as it's a close fit in there.
Never had one that wont.
I would think you have Damaged/Displaced the gasket somehow so needs replacing also replace the Spark Plug Tunnel Gaskets (4) while your in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts